PipeShootout from 1996 with dyno!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the CT, Graydon, F7, PowerPros and Trinity are all the same pipe... Is this right?????

Does the Paul Turner, Bills, Toomey and Pro Circuit pipes look similar?????

i don't beleive that, no one has yet to definately identify what pipe noobs and I have, trinity or early CT ?????
mine looks just like that CT shown, and noob's is painted so may be hard to tell'
i don't see all the cones on the graydon in those pics ????
and as you can see in the pic's, all the right bends do not look exactly the same
so back then, i'd say they were all different pipes, in the later years i'd say
power pro's did make the F7's and a few others

i dont trust these people at all. they said it didnt run lean with airbox lid off with stock jetting? and they ran the pipes with stock jetting and they werent lean? umm i call bs

i dont trust these people at all. they said it didnt run lean with airbox lid off with stock jetting? and they ran the pipes with stock jetting and they werent lean? umm i call bs

It might have been with the stock air filter still so it might be "ok". They are always jetted on the richer side from the factory. At the same time, Dirtwheels has done a lot of dumb sh*t in the past with other dyno shootouts and tend to have some favoritism or under the cover $$$ flow from manufacturer's because they will just go by what the pipe manufacturer's recommend for jetting then dyno them....they don't actually tune them in which can make a big difference. This is evident on a lot of their 4 stroke dynos when the curves break up like no other in the upper RPMs showing the engines are sputtering from running rich, yet they just go with it and write about it anyways.

It might have been with the stock air filter still so it might be "ok". They are always jetted on the richer side from the factory. At the same time, Dirtwheels has done a lot of dumb sh*t in the past with other dyno shootouts and tend to have some favoritism or under the cover $$$ flow from manufacturer's because they will just go by what the pipe manufacturer's recommend for jetting then dyno them....they don't actually tune them in which can make a big difference. This is evident on a lot of their 4 stroke dynos when the curves break up like no other in the upper RPMs showing the engines are sputtering from running rich, yet they just go with it and write about it anyways.

exactly. sometimes i wonder how these people get their jobs. plus 2 horsepower from rejetting stock? nothing changed but jetting? i call bs on tht too

dont forget guys, this was done with the stock oil injection system, which reportedly runs at 20:1 ????
but definately purposely rich

I agree. For example, they are EXTREMELY biased towards the ITP tires. They had a test between ITP HoleShots and the Maxxis RazrII and they said that the ITP's hooked up better, lasted longer, and looked better than the Maxxis'. I've ran them both and I know damn well that just about any Maxxis Razr hooks better than the ITP's. I hate ITP's besides the MudLites. But they basically said that Maxxis tires were a waste of money.

I agree. For example, they are EXTREMELY biased towards the ITP tires. They had a test between ITP HoleShots and the Maxxis RazrII and they said that the ITP's hooked up better, lasted longer, and looked better than the Maxxis'. I've ran them both and I know damn well that just about any Maxxis Razr hooks better than the ITP's. I hate ITP's besides the MudLites. But they basically said that Maxxis tires were a waste of money.

i agree with you on there itp love, however i must admit terain type and soil type in the west are not at all like the mid west. ive lived and rode bolth the west and midwest. i however have never owned itp or maxis. for my money bolth bikes are geting maxis, irazer on the honda and razzers on the blasty.

LMAO!!! at DG.. How can you sell an aftermarket pipe and not want it to test it against other aftermarket pipes..HE!! didn.t even test it against stock pipe... haha I"M LOVEIN MY TOOMEY

Last edited:
EDIT: NONE ARE FOR SALE. Just hope to soon be able to test each pipe and report.

i have like 2 left bend pipes (pro circuit and a toomey). I've owned an FMF but never had it mounted.

left to right:
LRD adjustable, no name??, Dyno Port, and Graydon Proline

0image675.jpg

0image676.jpg

im no profesional mechanic or tuner but i wonder, just guessing if the fuel mixture they were using helped from running lean. i think they said half 100 racing octane and half premium gas. just a guess i dont know.