pipe review

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
first of all if you dont have a pipe review dont post!

COPY AND PASTE THIS AND FILL IT IN FOR YOUR REVIEW.

Pipe Brand And Name:

Estimated Price:

Your Engine Setup:

Your Location:

Your jetting:

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:

Pipe Brand And Name: Shearer

Estimated Price: new? $300 used? $150 - $200 depending on condition

Your Engine Setup: Uni airfilter, airbox lid removed... otherwise all stock

Your Location: VA

Your jetting: 300 main runs golden

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: down low 5/5 mid 5/5 topend 3/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: 4/5 silencer is a little ennoying

Overall i highly reccomend! awesome trail pipe with tons of mid range power! cons: the fitment is really tight and the silencer is not so good

Reactions: blasterdemon7
Pipe Brand And Name: FMF Fatty and Powercore II

Estimated Price: $280 new

Your Engine Setup: when i had this pipe everything was stock

Your Location: South Dakota

Your jetting:280 main, stock pilot, needle 3rd clip

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: it seemed like i could never jet my jetting right when i had this pipe so it always had a bog or hickup....ofcourse i was new to things then but i could never get it to run right..

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:the chrome finish on the pipe was great and held up for the short time i had the pipe, the silencer was great too

Pipe Brand And Name: Shearer

Estimated Price: $320

Your Engine Setup: UNI filter

Your Location: MN

Your jetting: 350 winter

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: bottom 4/5 mid 3.5/5 top 3/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: welds are crappy looking and fitment is ok

Pipe Brand And Name: toomey B1

Estimated Price: $350 new for the kit (pipe, silencer, filter,and jetting)

Your Engine Setup: vf3 reeds,34mm pj carb,6" pipe off the carb to a uni pod filter,kennedy port/head redesign

Your Location: South Dakota

Your jetting: not sure on jetting yet....currently 148 main and 48 pilot

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: the toomey pipe is great for mid to top end power

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:i have had the toomey b1 for about 5 yrs now and it has help up great no problems at all

Pipe Brand And Name: Toomey

Estimated Price: $380 kit with filter

Your Engine Setup: uni filter, VF2 reeds, Wiseco

Your jetting: 300

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: bottom 4/5 mid 4/5 top 3/5 very good overall loved it

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: way better than the shearer pipes welds were clean and look like a robot did them

Pipe Brand And Name: Power Pros

Estimated Price: $300

Your Engine Setup: stock

Your jetting: cant remeber

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: bottom 4/5 mid 5/5 top 3.5/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: same as toomey very nice quality

Pipe Brand And Name: Pro Circuit pipe

Estimated Price: used, 150-200

Your Engine Setup: Pro circuit pipe, uni airfilter

Your Location:VA

Your jetting:270 main....

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:nice bottom end to mid power

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: clean welds.....cleaned up nice if got rusty, and sounded good

Pipe Brand And Name: Bills

Estimated Price: $300

Your Engine Setup: Uni filter wiseco piston

Your jetting: 270

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: same as above ran just as good as the pro circuit my buddy had on his

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: great look nice cleaned up well to

Pipe Brand And Name: Toomey B1

Estimated Price: New: $375; I got it for $200 used

Your Engine Setup: Boyesen reeds, uni filter, open airbox

Your Location: Southern, IN

Your jetting: 330-340 depending on weather

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: low 3/5, mid 4/5, top 4.5/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Best looking left bend pipe out there!! (IMO)

Pipe Brand And Name: dyno port custom cone high volume

Estimated Price:$300 bare + $100 chroming

Your Engine Setup: vito's 240 bb, +3mm stroker crank, 35mm airstryker, cfm aluminum airbox, adjustable timing plate +4 degree's, v-force3 reeds

Your Location: Iowa

Your jetting: 150 main, needle top clip, can't remember pilot

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: great all around 5/5 bottom, 5/5 midrange, 5/5 top

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Excellent construction, great fitment

Pipe Brand And Name: power pros

Estimated Price:$330

Your Engine Setup: power reeds,.60 over, k&n filter, modified air box

Your Location:pA

Your jetting: 310 main, needle 4th clip, stock pilot

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: great all around 5/5 bottom, 5/5 midrange, 4.5/5 top

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Excellent construction,very strong, welds are amazing. AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE TRAIL PIPE.

Pipe Brand And Name: factory7

Estimated Price: +300 new, used from prettyfly...$140 w/ LRD silencer

Your Engine Setup: at the time..airbox, uni, stock carb, pro-design intake, aktive reeds

Your Location:pA

Your jetting: never did get jetting on stock carb right, but 320 was a little rich, 290 pulled awsome, stock pilot, needle clip 3

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: might have been carb, sluggish on the bottom, but wicked nasty top end, sounds awsome

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: excellent, great finish, tight fit...just how i like it,

Pipe Brand And Name:toomey

Estimated Price:340ish if i remember for the chrome pipe and filter and stuff

Your Engine Setup:30mm mikuni, k&n clamp on, boyesen power reeds

Your Location:nw iowa

Your jetting:5 degrees out tonite was 380 main, fourth from top clip, 45 pilot

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:when the power comes on, it comes on hard, prolly due to bigger carb with mild motor as well

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: awesome pipe, cleans up great, sounds niiiiiiice (loud)

YB, i'd like to know where in this thread you found the evidence to promote a shearer pipe over a power pros??? there's only 2 reveiws of it on here, both 15 and 16 year old kids and one gave it solid 3's out of five, wtf dude, you ever gonna pull your head out of kennedy's ass???
i wouldnt have had to stand up for the right bend pipes here if you didnt promote that stock lookin piece of garbage in another thread
my f7 is f'in wicked top end and i didnt even tune my carb for bottom and mid yet, it's the carb, not the pipe, when i had the 290 in my stock carb it almost pulled the bike out from under me, and pulled the front tires up into 4th gear, it suprised me so much i left off, wanted to go to a 300 jet to be safe but the dealer only had a 320, and thats when i lost bottom and mid range, and prolly needed to put the 35 pilot i had, before i sold it and went 34mm
hands down, imo, LRD, DYNO-PORT, F7, TOOMEY
sorry bro, ya made me do it

Last edited:
Reactions: speedyslyder
YB, i'd like to know where in this thread you found the evidence to promote a shearer pipe over a power pros??? there's only 2 reveiws of it on here, both 15 and 16 year old kids and one gave it solid 3's out of five, wtf dude, you ever gonna pull your head out of kennedy's ass???
i wouldnt have had to stand up for the right bend pipes here if you didnt promote that stock lookin piece of garbage in another thread
my f7 is f'in wicked top end and i didnt even tune my carb for bottom and mid yet, it's the carb, not the pipe, when i had the 290 in my stock carb it almost pulled the bike out from under me, and pulled the front tires up into 4th gear, it suprised me so much i left off, wanted to go to a 300 jet to be safe but the dealer only had a 320, and thats when i lost bottom and mid range
hands down, imo, LRD, DYNO-PORT, F7

this not suppose to be a bashing thread

so lets jump to another thread and mislead what this one says????
and if you havent noticed yet, i say what i want, wherever, if i see BS.
i'll even call out the pope at sunday mass if he's BS'in

Reactions: speedyslyder
Pipe Brand And Name: FMF fatty? with older power core silencer

Estimated Price: free off wifes machine, but sells for 100-150 used

Your Engine Setup:boysen reeds, no lid, pre mixed

Your Location: wisconsin

Your jetting:stock pilot, 3rd needle clip? 280 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: good low end great mid range, top end was decent put fell off sooner than i liked.

Overall Quality fit perfect finish lasted many years ( pipe was installed on prev machine buy original owner, silencer looked brand new after a little polishing

Pipe Brand And Name:paul Turner High Rev

Estimated Price: 420 with the silencer

Your Engine Setup:34mm pj arisol fire breather uni filter open lid 4* timing advance

Your Location:mn

Your jetting:not all the way done yet but dead center pin and i belive 32 piolet not sure on the main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:its a high rev and it fits very well with this set up the setup is mainly for the topend, botom end is slagish, bottom end 3/5 mid5/5 top 6/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: good quality i got it used and i love how when im about 3rd throttle it just kicks in and pulls me into a wheely or completely side ways, vary satisfied kicks kinda like a yz 80 does