Pic. of my rear hydraulic brake conversion

Roccdeezy

Jul 27, 2007
Washington state
Pretty simple if you get the right parts. Fabricating a bracket for the master cylinder is simple if you have the tools. I used a die grinder to cut it and trim the sharp edges, then i polished it with the die grinder wheel and clear coated it to keep from rusting. Then I drilled holes and mounted it where the stock heel guard bolts. the rear was simple because I used a banshee carrier and axle.

Attachments

• 100_0831.jpg
    100_0831.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,763
  • 100_0883.jpg
    100_0883.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,764
yep!. just get a couple washers and bolt it up. You can use any banshee or warrior carrier, axle, caliper and brake disc. The only thing that is tricky is you need the 03+ blaster right peg and brake pedal lever for hydraulic brakes. The banshee and warrior pegs and brake levers are different. Then you need to fabricate the master cylinder mounting bracket. A old style blaster axle will mount to a banshee carrier but keep in mind if you use a banshee carrier and a blaster axle the stock brake caliper will not fit. There might be problems bolting the hydraulic caliper up too with a banshee carrier and a old style blaster axle. So, If you plan on going with the banshee, warrior or 03+ blaster carrier then you should use a banshee, warrior or 03+ blaster axle too. The three axle's are all the same the only difference is thier length. Of course the banshee being the widest. Now I don't want to confuse you but the raptor axle is the same too. You could even take a banshee axle and put it in your stock carrier as long as you get a banshee, warrior,raptor or 03+ blaster brake disc hub. But you would not be able to use the lever caliper or disc caliper, But it would make it wide as hell. Let me know If any of this confused you and I'll explain it better.

Reactions: jlsparky7
I've heard that the Banshee axle is equivelant to a Blaster axle +4, so would it be ideal for me seeing how I have Burgard +2 +1 A Arms???

On a side note, is that what u have on your Blaster, a Banshee axle, carrier set up???

How has that been working for you??? Would you recommend it vs. buying an aftermarket axle???

I Have a aftermarket banshee dominator axle with a 03+ blaster afetrmarket carrier. The 03+ blaster carriers are the same as the banshee. I'll take a good picture of it to show you. Yeah A blaster axle with carrier would be perfect for what you have. Also since you need to extend your axle it is perfect and it will make your life a lot easier going to the hydraulic brakes on the rear.

I was wondering what u thought a good swingarm extension lenght would be for me given that I have a +2 Width and +1 lenght. I was thinking of a +2 Swingarm or +3, what do u think???

If i had to do the swing arm on my bike again it would be +4. I went +6 and it is a hair too long and very expensive for a shock that long. I am +2 up 1 as well as you and I think you would like the +4 stance.

Why exactly do I need the newer front footpeg/brake pedal??? Is it becuase I'd be hooking a master Cylinder and the older models wont work becuase its setup for the crappy brake???

If i had to do the swing arm on my bike again it would be +4. I went +6 and it is a hair too long and very expensive for a shock that long. I am +2 up 1 as well as you and I think you would like the +4 stance.

Ive got a +4 and would like to have possibly gone with a +3 not sure though until I ride with a +3 to know for sure.

The reason you need the newer foot peg is because of the positioning of the brake lever and also where the brake lever hooks they are different size diameter. If you are good at fabricating and like doing it then you could probably make something. I just prefer the smooth look of stuff that fits together rather than a buch of stuff rigged together. I'm OK at welding but I don't like doing it. It burns the sh*t out of paint and tends to bubble a liitle and spackle all over the place. If you try the set up you will come up with your own ideas. Start with the rear axle and carrier and work from there.