Oil pump block off

Koonrod

Sep 30, 2019
upload_2019-9-30_17-53-21.jpeg
Trying to block off oil pump. I was wondering if I needed to block this hole off and the place where the oil pump hose is if so where can I get the plug for this hole? Thanks I’m advance! As you can tell I’m very new to this.

I need to know how to block off my oil pump and if I need a plug for this hole and if so where I can get it. Thanks in advance. As you can tell I’m new to this.

Attachments

• 9E02179A-01D5-4069-A6B3-C33FCC1E5D88.jpeg
    9E02179A-01D5-4069-A6B3-C33FCC1E5D88.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 182
I need to know how to block off my oil pump and if I need a plug for this hole and if so where I can get it. Thanks in advance. As you can tell I’m new to this.
If you want to block off your oil pump I would get the Vito’s performance block off kit. It comes with all the plugs, gaskets, and screws. It seems to be the best one I’ve seen. I used it myself on my Blaster. Use blue (medium) loctite on the block off plate screws and permatex ultra black silicone gasket maker on the plugs to keep them in, and use a small zip tie on the carburetor oil inlet plug. as far as that hole circled in red in your picture. Idk what that’s for. My Blaster doesn’t have that. It looks like that might be for liquid cooling. Yamaha used the same crankcase for another outboard engine that was liquid cooled. But to block it I would go to a auto parts store and look for large rubber vacuum caps get one about the same size and it should fit over it snug and seal it.

Can you take off the plastic cover and post another picture of what’s under it? Just wondering because like I said my Blaster doesn’t have that hole you circled.

Can you take off the plastic cover and post another picture of what’s under it? Just wondering because like I said my Blaster doesn’t have that hole you circled.
Its lo
It looks to dead end

Attachments

• 206BC023-7DF8-4F9C-9006-FDC668EABCEC.jpeg
    206BC023-7DF8-4F9C-9006-FDC668EABCEC.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 189
hmm... that’s odd. But like I said a vacuum cap should seal it off from the out side alright. Maybe add a zip tie around it for extra security.
There is this under the oil pump cover it leads to that pipe

Attachments

• B1B3ADBD-4F05-422B-B7B0-8D64E2A02B4F.jpeg
    B1B3ADBD-4F05-422B-B7B0-8D64E2A02B4F.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 167
hmm... that’s odd. But like I said a vacuum cap should seal it off from the out side alright. Maybe add a zip tie around it for extra security.
There is this under the oil pump cover it leads to that pipe
yeah that is where a water pump would set for another application. By the way did you remove the rubber seal from inside the case where the oil pump shaft went through? If not you need to so It won’t fall out into the engine.

Reactions: Awk08
yeah that is where a water pump would set for another application. By the way did you remove the rubber seal from inside the case where the oil pump shaft went through? If not you need to so It won’t fall out into the engine.
Yeah I removed it and the metal shaft.

Trider is correct, that's leftover from the DT watercooled engines that share the same cases as our blasters.
If you poke a rod down in there you'll feel it's blocked off at the case level.
pretty sure it came with a rubber plug in the end, but won't hurt without it
I actually cut that off down lower to allow easier access to that front cylinder nut

Trider is correct, that's leftover from the DT watercooled engines that share the same cases as our blasters.
If you poke a rod down in there you'll feel it's blocked off at the case level.
pretty sure it came with a rubber plug in the end, but won't hurt without it
I actually cut that off down lower to allow easier access to that front cylinder nut
Thanks!