Oil line hook-up to carb

Damon Meadows

Mar 26, 2015
I purchased a used 1996 blaster for a project. The top end was off along with the carb. I have the new top end but am not sure where the oil line connects to the carb. The service manual photos dont show.

the oil injection line from the pump connects to the brass nipple on the kicker side of the carb,
it's under the black vaccuum cap in this pic that speedyslyder posted for someone looking to block it off for injection delete.
of course this is only on the stock carb, if this bike came with any other carb but stock, you need to do the injection delete and mix your fuel/oil

carbplug004-jpg.22161

the oil injection line from the pump connects to the brass nipple on the kicker side of the carb,
it's under the black vaccuum cap in this pic that speedyslyder posted for someone looking to block it off for injection delete.
of course this is only on the stock carb, if this bike came with any other carb but stock, you need to do the injection delete and mix your fuel/oil

carbplug004-jpg.22161
Best I can tell it is the stock carb - MIKUNI CORP. only other numbers I can see are W6 3 3 and 2XJ 01 On the kicker side of the carb

Best I can tell it is the stock carb - MIKUNI CORP. only other numbers I can see are W6 3 3 and 2XJ 01 On the kicker side of the carb

do you see the brass nipple right beside/behind the vent line ?

sounds like the oil injection is still intact?
you have the oil jug near rear fenders still?
2 lines coming off off oil pump?
there is only 2 brass nipples on the kickstart side of carb.
the one in the pic above is for the 2stroke oil injection:)
the other one is a vent tube i believe

do you see the brass nipple right beside/behind the vent line ?
Yes, the vent tube was hooked up to it which must be why the top end was off to be replaced due to scoring. Does blocking off the oil pump after removal take a specific plate?