next quad

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
Next year im old enough to move into the adult class and i unsure for what quad to go for. I'm mostly thinking of a ktm sx 450n or a 505 because on paper at least nothing comes close :/ jst wanna know what some of you guys think..

well i havent massive money to spend on a new quad but i seen 2 505 ktms for sale for about €5,000 each :p. there kinda rare over here but i went to watch the 2nd round of the british sx and every quad was nearly a ktm! doe most of the quads at my local races are ltrs... doe u'd never know what would turn up cheap.

its not just the initial cost. do some research on spares over there, here parts for them are pricey!! otherwise, top notch bike!

I cant really get any blaster parts hear like smaller sprockets and non standered stuff but gaskets and oem parts are fine so i would guess its the same story for any quad. normal parts like bearings and would be fine but if im looking for performance parts or engine work i get it form the u.s or uk.

rode a ltr a while ago and i was amazed.. with a cherry bomb and muffler core removed made 50+ hp give or take extremely balanced over any jump for putting a number plate and nerfs on id say thats the best bet

rode a ltr a while ago and i was amazed.. with a cherry bomb and muffler core removed made 50+ hp give or take extremely balanced over any jump for putting a number plate and nerfs on id say thats the best bet

Where did you get the 50hp number? Stock 450 quads are making 33-38HP. I just don't see 50hp without internal mods.

33-38 yes. but with cherry bomb and core out of the silencer they (yoshimura) says it puts out around 50

im not saying thats true but it felt a helluva lot stronger then a stocker 450

Trx450r. 05 for a kicker or the best would be an 06 with kicker. If you want electric start get the 06-07. Put a good pipe on and the HRC kit and that motor will run at a high level. In our sponsor cup class, which has 2 Atva pro riders in it, 5 out of 6 ride Hondas and one suzuki.
I will tell you from my experience you can build a Honda engine cheaper than the others and it will handle more power, especially in MX.
The geometry of the Suzuki is about as good as it gets though. The new yfzr if right there now as well but the unicam engine in the TRX will run hard with less issues. The shocks on all of these quads are same quality in my opinion. You will need to widen the trx.