New YFZ450 rear shock for Blaster

StevieN

Aug 11, 2012
Glasgow Scotland
Hi guys looking for a bit of info on my new Blaster 2004, my suspension is really saggy when i sit on it, it sinks alot(200lbs+ rider) but when i get off it it takes forever if at'all to return to full hight, its just stock shocks thats on it! I can get a YFZ450 rear shocker from ebay thats hardly been used that he had on his racing Blaster, so my question is, Would i need to make any mods to make this fit? and would it stiffen my suspension up???

StevieN IMG_1378.jpg

it's going to stiffen it up, and also make it sit, without you on it, slightly higher.
others have used them but i myself don't like the jacked up look in the rear-end,
the bottom hole can be re-drilled slightly higher to help with that
i'm not positive about the yfz shock, but most compatable shocks from different bikes...400ex, 450r, lt450 ect. ect. need some type of bushing for the top mount, as the blaster uses a very large bolt, versus those using a smaller bolt.
these can be made,
or ordered from kenoconnorracing.com,
even comes with the proper bolt/nut, the number is in my sig below.
the bottom shock/mount will also need re-drilled to a new size to match them up.

here's a thread i found using the search button at the top of each page.........

http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/little-different-approach-yfz450-rear-shock-22726/

man bro that is a really nice blaster but the yfz shocks would be perfect for a heavier rider a 400ex is softer for the average to lighter rider

I just installed a 400ex shock that I ordered from eBay that came in yesterday along with the bushings Awk mentioned from the KOR website, wow what a difference!!!! Looks great and is easy to I install at a very affordable price!!!

I just installed a 400ex shock that I ordered from eBay that came in yesterday along with the bushings Awk mentioned from the KOR website, wow what a difference!!!! Looks great and is easy to I install at a very affordable price!!!

sweet, wait till you get into some real rough stuff !!!!!

LOL you right!!! I cant wait to try, just sitting on it I already feel the difference!!! Just wish my works were here already before I leave!!!

Hey ended up going for the YFZ450 rear shock just going to do the mods! thought it would be better as i weigh over 210lbs!! i have ended up stripping the full bike, frame is away for a powder coat as we speak ;-) been taking pics so i'll post in stages when things are moving! thanks for all your help guys it really appreciated.