New rebuild wot when started

jyeingst1

Jul 23, 2012
Wellsville pa
New to posting but have read many of the threads. My prob is I just rebuilt my 2001 blaster and on the first kick it starts but goes wot. I initially tore the entire carb apart and cleaned set the float. Honed cylinders and new rings , jets are stock and stock exhaust. I was trying to break in motor but at wot. Immediately stopped. Any ideas would be appreciated. I think I will start with removing tore. Also leak down test held 7psi and compression was 130

does your thumb throttle seem like it is operating properly? your slide is probably installed wrong and is stuck on the alignment lug

sounds like you have the carb slide installed wrong,
there is a pin in the throat that must align with the groove in the slide
or the needle did not hit the hole in the needle valve and is holding the slide open

The only other thing that would hold the throttle open would be the cable. I have had the cable come lose inside the tors i guess if something crazy happened it coulda gotten stuck somehow. otherwise you have a huge airleak. has a leakdown test been performed.

You need to fix that overflow problem.

For the motor to run at increased revs you either have an air leak, or the slide is not bottoming in the carby.

Well thanks for leading me the right direction Turns out I was so worried about compression and leak down I overlooked the simple answer. The throttle adjustment on the handlebar was too tight not allowing the needle to seat low enough. Once again thanks got the help

Well thanks for leading me the right direction Turns out I was so worried about compression and leak down I overlooked the simple answer. The throttle adjustment on the handlebar was too tight not allowing the needle to seat low enough. Once again thanks got the help

glad ya found the problem, and it was a simple one....ride on !!!!!!

Normally just stays open from what I've seen, incase in the future someone else has the same problem and they want to just ask it in the same thread.