New (ok used) Engine

Dmarks26

May 2, 2017
Hello Blaster Peeps!

I need a replacement motor for my trusty old 1997 Blaster. Ebay and craigslist posts seem way too expensive. Are there any North Texas Blaster owners on here who have engines for sale or know trustworthy places that do? I'm just looking for a stock replacement.

I'm also happy I found this forum. It's good to be in touch with other Yamaha owners!

Hello Blaster Peeps!

I need a replacement motor for my trusty old 1997 Blaster. Ebay and craigslist posts seem way too expensive. Are there any North Texas Blaster owners on here who have engines for sale or know trustworthy places that do? I'm just looking for a stock replacement.

I'm also happy I found this forum. It's good to be in touch with other Yamaha owners!

Welcome! I live on North Texas as well! Where do you ride at?

Welcome! I live on North Texas as well! Where do you ride at?
I used to ride at Red River a lot. I also am known to travel, go camping and have 4-5 days of atv fun. I recently moved to Royse City and am looking for good places to ride. Brushy Creek is near but I haven't gone there yet. I have heard mixed reviews.

^^^^^^ Rebuilding your engine may be the best way to go really.
Yeah, I may need to do that. The cost of labor/parts to have it done is more than the value of the bike. I suppose I can give it a try myself. If I fail then I'll part out the old girl...but I don't want to!