Mr green

Jul 13, 2017
Hi Iv recently joined the forum and this is first time Iv had a chance to introduce myself properly. I'm from the uk and at the start of the year I bought myself a blaster that needed a lot of work and I found most of the info I needed right here, you guys really know your stuff and I have to say I woulda been screwed without you haha so I wanted to share my experience rebuilding this thing from scratch and hopefull it will help people in process.

5t4qyhsm.gif

Thanks guys. I appreciate that. I'm in need of some help but it might abit of a long shot. I have recently got my hands on a Yamaha wr200. When I stripped it down I found there was no air filter and the carb floats where twisted I chucked some bits at it. Fmf system. Boyessen dual stage reeds. New floats. New needle valve. New main jets and pilot jets. I heard that an fmf system on a wr200 makes it run rich Does anyone know if that is true ? anyway my question is could the oil pump be letting too much oil in causing a lean condition ? If there is too much oil going in would that mean the engine isn't getting enough fuel in the mix ?

When it's on the pipe it's fast but anything less than 3/4 throttle and it runs rough and lots of blue smoke and black oily residue on the licens plate. I clean everything out again and make sure it's ok just oils up again and struggles to idle

Thanks guys. I appreciate that. I'm in need of some help but it might abit of a long shot. I have recently got my hands on a Yamaha wr200. When I stripped it down I found there was no air filter and the carb floats where twisted I chucked some bits at it. Fmf system. Boyessen dual stage reeds. New floats. New needle valve. New main jets and pilot jets. Power valve bushes/rollers and gaskets. Sealed the exhaust. Air filter. I heard that an fmf system on a wr200 makes it run rich is that true ? The bike is struggling to idle and there is loads of blue oily smoke and lots of oily black sploog on the license plate and the power valve keep getting covered in black oily sploog. It rides good on the pipe but anything less than 3/4 throttle and it splutters. Iv had everything apart more than once to clean all the crap out of the power valve is clean and operating properly. My worry is that the oil pump is letting too much oil through causing it to keep gumming up. Could that cause a lean condition because of the extra oil in the mix resulting in less fuel ??

what is the compression on cylinder?
what spark plug?
if you are worried about oil injection take the line off of the carb.
put a vacuum cap on carb nipple and drain gas tank then put some pre-mix in it to
put your mind at ease:)
If you keep the reservoir full with the line off for a few minutes to test i dont see no harm
but i doubt that is the problem.........o_O seriously
and that would be some redneck chit lol

My thinking exactly. I blocked off the oil feed to the carb yesterday and I'm going to try premix to see if it makes any difference. It has a NGKr br9es. I haven't done a compression test yet but it is next on the list. the crank seals seem ok. Do you think a worn piston or rings could cause this ?

Also Iv tryed down sizing the main jet and it didn't change the fact that the bike won't idle. the plug is oily and still lots of blue smoke from the pipe. Iv adjusted the needle clip position to the second notch down and it still didn't change. So I'm going to try dropping the pilot one size. I'm not sure it will change anything either but it's worth a try. When I built the blaster I never changed the pilot jet even with the BBC and it ran fine but now Iv added a reed spacer it seems to splutter below 1/3 throttle and I remember reading a thread from someone with that same issue so il try it on both the quad and the bike. Il get back with compression test result later today

Put a b8es plug in it. Adjust the air bleed and idle per the manual. Pilot should be 32.5. Main somewhere in the 280-300 range with the needle clip in the middle position.

The blaster is running a 310 main. 32.5 pilot. Needle in the 3rd groove. It has an airsal 225cc big bore kit pro circuit system boyessen dual stage reeds moose air filter and no lid on the air box. The wr200 is running stock190 main. Stock #40 pilot. And the needle on the 2nd groove at the moment. With an fmf system and boyessen dual stage reeds I just can't figure out why the bike is so rich and oily

i know you are in the U.K. but over here it says the stock main is a #230
and the pilot is #35 not sure if it is different over there but
what oil are you using some oils are made for pre-mix only
you half to use oil that can be injectable in the oil injection system like
yamalube 2s is okay
If you were to say use Maxima castor 927 that is "pre mix only"

You can try running the b8es plug it is hotter then the b9es
but i guess only if you need to as in it does say to use the b9es
i know on some bikes i've had to run the b8es because the b9es was not cutting it
specifically CR 125's

It would also make more sense to create a thread about your wr200
specifically to avoid all confusion :)