New from VA!

JMUblaster

Nov 7, 2013
Hey everyone! I'm from the good old northern VA, although I'm currently at James Madison University getting a degree in engineering.

About 10 months ago a good friend of mine bought a 400ex that we would ride in our free time. It got me interested in atv's and I eventually bought a 2000 blaster for $1200 completely stock. My parents weren't too happy but I don't regret a thing! I love my blaster and have begun to upgrade it with the help of my friend.

I hope that by being apart of these forums a newbie like myself can learn a thing or two!

So far I've:
-replaced the carb
-attached an extended 6" swingarm
-cut the front plastics off (me and my friends thought it would look cool and it did)

For 2014 I plan on:
-getting a bore kit
-getting a new exhaust
-new tires
-new brakes

Here some pictures (I really need to take more though):

-this is with the new swingarm:
2qjzs3k.jpg

-picture I took after putting the swingarm on:
fbwb3n.jpg

-picture of my blaster and my friend's 400 (pre-swingarm):
280me5z.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome. Looks like a nice clean Blaster. You found the right forum for anything you want to know Blaster related.
I'd suggest a good port and head job to go along with an exhaust. Thats alot cheaper than a BBK, and will wake it up!

Fred

welcome. question for you. why 6 inch+ swingarm??

also.... is that a new chain on a old sprocket??

not dissing or anything in a bad way just wondering why u chose that

welcome. question for you. why 6 inch+ swingarm??

also.... is that a new chain on a old sprocket??

not dissing or anything in a bad way just wondering why u chose that

Yea, I'm planning on ordering the sprocket one day. I wont be riding it anytime soon since most of our trails are no longer available to use and since we extended it, it no longer fits on the trailer.

And I got a 6 inch+ swingarm because I thought it looked cool. I understand it might make trail riding a little more difficult but from what I understand it's not impossible.

I still have a lot to learn though! That's half the reason I joined the community!

welcome man this is such a great site to learn and explore ur blaster more. Im sure you and your blaster are happy you joined! your going to love riding ur blaster nothing but blaster lovers here <3

Welcome!

Defiantly need the pipe first!
Porting and head mod before a bbk, cheaper too!

Leak test your motor first thing too! Dont want to have that problem...

Last thing, why did you replace the carb? or was it an upgrade?

Welcome!

Defiantly need the pipe first!
Porting and head mod before a bbk, cheaper too!

Leak test your motor first thing too! Dont want to have that problem...

Last thing, why did you replace the carb? or was it an upgrade?

Old carb was causing problems despite being cleaned before I purchased it.

Welcome! Definitely weird to see that 6 inch swingarm. Nice to see something different. You will learn a lot. I have seen in a very short time on here that these guys have a wealth of knowledge. And friendly to boot!