New build wont run good with filter

Patman119

Feb 19, 2018
Fresh rebuild...4 mill stroker. Full fmf exhaust. Bore .20 over. Ken oconner racing port and polish head. All i had before rebuild was 4 mill and v force 3 reeds. She started up after rebuild but will not run right with air box or even just airbox tube on with no filter. I did rejet. Im leaning towards a leakdown test i believe. With no filter or anything she seems to run fine. Any advise would be nice. I will be doing leakdown soon though

For your setup, 260 seems small. Maybe clean carb good, set float, check that choke is good.
I had already changed choke with new one...old one was bent a bit..im gonna try cleaning the carb and check float again....if im remembering right i cleaned it before the rebuild so thats why i havent tried cleaning it after build. Ill clean it this weekend

Be sure to pull the emulsion tube/main jet holder and clean it.
A little off topic, but ive had my banshee for a little over a year now. Was having a sticky throttle problem. Took the carbs apart and noticed carb slides where on backwards...i put them on the right way and ran like sh*t..so i just put them back the way it was and she runs good...throttle only sticks when shee gets wet. Still havent touched blaster since last post...will do when i get more time though

Check your reeds.. seen this issue last year on a friends bike. Ran great with no filter, put it back on and she lost all power. Reeds were broken upon inspection.

Check your reeds.. seen this issue last year on a friends bike. Ran great with no filter, put it back on and she lost all power. Reeds were broken upon inspection.
Ok...ill make sure to check it...even though i thorougly inspected and cleaned reeds before i put it back together.

And what was broken on the reeds...a flap was cracked or somethi g?

Did a leakdown and found readbox leaking on both sides....hauls ace now...thanks for input though guys