Needle very loose

Jre720

Dec 26, 2016
hey guys was just wondering what this could mean, on the 98 the carb needle is super loose so bad that when I put the carb back together I had to guide It into the hole while seating the slide in ,I took It back apart did a moose carb rebuild kit ( so new needle too) and it’s still super loose had to guide I.T in again ....the throttle lever is a little stiffer then the other blasters but not much and when It starts up it automatically is wide open throttle and I kill it

Does the needle being loose have anything to do with this problem? Does the needle being so loose even matter?

Remove air cleaner boot and visually check that the slide isn't hanging up.

Another cause of wide open throttle is a crank case or seal leak.
I highly recommend a leak down test. I wouldn't start it until you do. A leaking seal or crankcase can cause a runaway engine where the switch or key won't shut it down, you pull clutch, shift into gear, hold brakes , dump clutch to kill engine.

Reactions: Jre720
Will give the air boot a look but i was also thinking air leak,I made a post a little while back with this problem and someone had said that.. I did top end and it has a couple hours on it and I broke it in correctly I posted the video on here, all of a sudden this happened PMd awk about leak down tester yesterday waiting for him to get back to me

Did you align the groove in the slide with the corresponding pin down in carb on kicker side ?

That new top end, and all your other engines should still be leakdown tested.