Need some helping jetting

BlasterFreak860

Jul 8, 2012
Hey guys, got some new mods I'm putting on my blaster and need some rough ideas for jetting.

Mods-

Vitos 240 big bore kit
Boyeson reeds and rad valve
Air box lid removed
Running a 330 main right now with vitos pilot which is a 30 i believe and clip on the 3rd position.

Im going to be putting on a Dmc alien exhaust system with a K&N filter and a 1/2 reed spacer, also deleting my tors completely! I live in Connecticut up by New york..So if somebody could give me a rough idea for some jetting that'd be great thanks!

240BBK needs a lager carb. Dont waist your time with trying to jet that small carb, thats just going to be a road block in your engine to begin with. Look at getting a PWK 33 or something.

My friend has a blaster with a 240 bbk on it and he's running a 1/2 spacer on his stock carb and the quad runs great. He's got no issues what so ever! I mean i no everyone says put the bigger carb on there and stuff but i think I'm gunna try to do the reed spacer first.

If your places you ride will allow you to fit a foam filter directly on the carby mouth, the stock carb will do an admirable job.

Some people have jetting issues with the above setup, but I find that the 26mm stock carb responds quite well to it.

The DMC calls for the richest stock needle setting, 5th slot.

I would slip in a #340 main as the DMC seems to be a thirsty beast.

Do not forget to plug chop.

walk out your back door and throw that P.O.S. vito's pilot as far as you can, 2 streets over would work well
return to the 32.5, or even a 35 pilot,
floats dead nuts at 21.5mm
stock needle on the middle or 4th clip position down to start,
and the largest main you can find, i'd look to start in the high 300's, (360+ ?) then plug chop up/down to perfection

ive got a 98 blaster .060 over ported polished fmf fatty gold frt pipe and dg silencer im still working on my jetting prob i just roasted a piston with a 32.5 and a 270 main jet on the 3rd clip. i was on the mx track it ran great then stopped lol. im gonna start with a 330 and work down to a 290. i also have the air box lid on. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

im not much on jetting but theres a member on here named braaptor i spent 8 hours in a car with him an a weekend as tent mates he knows ALOT about jetting give him a shout an see if he could help.

ive got a 98 blaster .060 over ported polished fmf fatty gold frt pipe and dg silencer im still working on my jetting prob i just roasted a piston with a 32.5 and a 270 main jet on the 3rd clip. i was on the mx track it ran great then stopped lol. im gonna start with a 330 and work down to a 290. i also have the air box lid on. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sure you didint have a airleak that caused that roasted piston?