Need help with missing parts

R3dtick

Sep 7, 2016
So I really need to fix the brakes on an 02 blaster I just built. Current ly it has no rear caliper and the fronts squeak horribly. Rather than spend money on it twice I decided to go ahead and convert it to hydros all the way around. I picked up a set of 03+ footpegs, but have no brake pedal. I also have a complete rear caliper/master/line and rezzy from an 04 yfz450 laying on the shelf. I think I can make it work but will need to make a bracket to mount the caliper and weld mounts for the master and such but do I need an 03+ carrier? I also found a set of spindles from an 06 blaster dirt cheap so I have those as well. Will banshee hubs and rotors fit the stock blaster spindles or will I have to buy stock blaster hubs? I know I'll need bearings and such if the hubs don't come with them but are they the same for all year blasters or was there a change between the 02-03 years? I also plan to use the front brake parts from the same 04 yfz if they will bolt up. I know it's a lot of questions but I don't have the parts in hand just yet, all ebay deals.

If u use a 03 up carrier the caliper should bolt up if its the single piston yfz caliper if not u will need to make a bracket. .I used a raptor 250 brake pedal on 03 up blaster foot pegs and it fits but it needed a sleeve spacer because the mount for the raptor pedal is too narrow. .u might be able to make that yfz one work

Banshee hubs and rotors and bearing fit on the 03 plus blaster spindles i dont think the bearing from the 88 to 02 fit the new spindles

If u use a 03 up carrier the caliper should bolt up if its the single piston yfz caliper if not u will need to make a bracket. .I used a raptor 250 brake pedal on 03 up blaster foot pegs and it fits but it needed a sleeve spacer because the mount for the raptor pedal is too narrow. .u might be able to make that yfz one work

Banshee hubs and rotors and bearing fit on the 03 plus blaster spindles i dont think the bearing from the 88 to 02 fit the new spindles
Awesome, thanks for the info. It will be a lot easier to figure out how to fab something up once the parts arrive. I just like to have a better idea which way I need to go with it.