Need Help...weird carb problem

TheGreenZebra

Jun 12, 2017
I have a 1995 Blaster. It idles great and revs in neutral great. When I put it in gear it sputters and drops out. However, i can keep running it and turn the gas off, it will eventually clean up and take off like a rocket. When I turn the gas back on it sputters and bogs down again. Everything is factory, stock and matches up. TORS is unplugged all the way around.

I have a 1995 Blaster. It idles great and revs in neutral great. When I put it in gear it sputters and drops out. However, i can keep running it and turn the gas off, it will eventually clean up and take off like a rocket. When I turn the gas back on it sputters and bogs down again. Everything is factory, stock and matches up. TORS is unplugged all the way around.
Remove carburetor, clean needle seat with a qtip some toothpaste, just a little check for groove in the needle tip. If it's grooved replace it! Do not put pressure on the needle tip! Invert carb, set float to level if it's less than level. Also check float for gas in the floats chambers( internal leakage ) replace it if it has gas in it✌️Peace

Reactions: TheGreenZebra
Still stumped... On inspection the needle was slightly bent. I bought a carb kit and replaced the needles, jets and gaskets. The float is intact, no internal leakage. I set it to level. The Blaster still does the same thing.

So I was just going through the parts diagram. I noticed that I don't have the Main Jet Washer(#137-14153-00-00). Is it possible that could be the problem?

Last edited:
Set e- clip needle for main jet, to the second to the top position , this is the stock position

Set e- clip needle for main jet, to the second to the top position , this is the stock position
The middle position is stock...

Float level should be 20-21.5mm

Set the idle speed..

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit.
With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pilot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small

So I was just going through the parts diagram. I noticed that I don't have the Main Jet Washer(#137-14153-00-00). Is it possible that could be the problem?

yes, that's definitely a problem

Alright guys... Sorry I've been away for a few days...

Tooloose: Currently, E-Clip is at 2nd to top position.
Blaaster: I'll try your suggestions this week.
Awk08: I'm trying to find the brass washer without paying $10 for shipping. argh...

I really appreciate all of the help... I will get this thing yet!

Reactions: Awk08
Omg! It's a brass washer! Go to you local hardware store and get one! Someone on here has its exact dimensions I saw it on here the other day✌️

Reactions: Markblaster