need help removing axle on a polaris trailblazer

jrblaster15

Jul 30, 2009
Rhode island
hi i have a 2002 polaris trailblazer and i have to replace the axle/ carrier bearings the problem is i cant get the axle off if anyone has any ideas let me know

Ok first you have to remove the brake caliper should b 2 10 or 12mm blots. Then ou need to tkae off both wheels. Then you have to unbolt both hubs. Don't forget to take out the coter pins from the castle nuts otherwise they'll fight ya. Then remove your chain. Then remove the skid plate under the carrier housing. Then romve the 2 big nuts on the axle. I used 2 pipe wrenches cause I didn't have a big enough wrench for them. After u get those off the sprocket hub should slide right off for ya. After that put back on one of the catsle nuts to the hubs back on the axle to where it sits flat against the outersid of axle so basicly no threads r going to get messed up. Next take a big hammer an hit the axel out the other side. After a couple good hits it should b loss enough for it to slide right out. After u remove the axel take a pick an pull the dust seals. Then after that I used a socket extension to push out the old bearings. Then when u replace the bearings grease up everything good an put everything back together the way u took it apart. An deff don't for get to put the dust covers in with ur bearings other wise ur just wasting ur time. :)

yea its pretty much the same as what r blasters r. it took me like 35 mins to take mine off an put all new bearings in the swinger an carrier an put back on