Need help on finding out what's wrong with my blaster

Juan

Oct 25, 2016
I bought my 4th blaster I was told it was bored he said it's a 210 An ya it was fast i would hit 65-70 an I was riding an all of sudden it just died an turned on then died like it lost power an the tires didn't lock but I can't kick the kick start down An the gears all work fine still.would I haveto bore it over again? An just rebuild the crankshaft An top end basically ? I'm going to take it off the engine an open it up in the morning an I've had it for Aboit 2 months going on 3 an I didn't change or add transmission till after 3 weeks or 4 An that's when I noticed it lost power an then I changed the oil an spark plug An leaned air filter An the power Camembert back just not fully but it runs like a beast still An I use to run it 50:1 ratio before I changed the oil after I changed the oil I ran 40:1 ratio when I ran 50:1 I use super M maxima oil an now I used Lucas 2 stroke synthetic oil an Lucas transmission 10-w-40 semi synthetic oil I could find full synthetic around here An when I switch to Lucas it ran faster I noticed a difference but I used both about a month An both worked good to today it just died on me an the kick start won't kick down

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry's Shee
You can pull the head and cylinder without removing the engine.
First thing is to wash it. Remove exhaust and reeds to get a peak at the piston. If you find nothing, pull head. Nothing? Pull cylinder.
Then you'll be able to inspect the crank.

Should have read whole post first. Oil loss points to a crank seal. Do a leak down test before taking anything besides exhaust and carb off.
Was it smoking a lot ?

I bought my 4th blaster I was told it was bored he said it's a 210 An ya it was fast i would hit 65-70 an I was riding an all of sudden it just died an turned on then died like it lost power an the tires didn't lock but I can't kick the kick start down An the gears all work fine still.would I haveto bore it over again? An just rebuild the crankshaft An top end basically ? I'm going to take it off the engine an open it up in the morning an I've had it for Aboit 2 months going on 3 an I didn't change or add transmission till after 3 weeks or 4 An that's when I noticed it lost power an then I changed the oil an spark plug An leaned air filter An the power Camembert back just not fully but it runs like a beast still An I use to run it 50:1 ratio before I changed the oil after I changed the oil I ran 40:1 ratio when I ran 50:1 I use super M maxima oil an now I used Lucas 2 stroke synthetic oil an Lucas transmission 10-w-40 semi synthetic oil I could find full synthetic around here An when I switch to Lucas it ran faster I noticed a difference but I used both about a month An both worked good to today it just died on me an the kick start won't kick down

Had the same exact problem before. In my case the nut on the outside of the clutch basket had backed out almost completely. Put loctite on the threads and put it back together. Solved everything. Hope this helps. Remember to readjust clutch also.