My Tri-Z 250 Blaster is almost complete! Just thought I'd share!

QuadZ250

Mar 21, 2011
Imperial, MO
Let me just start by saying I'm 31 years old 6'1 235lbs and I have a huge love for Blasters! I got my first Blaster at 11 years old! It was an 88 and was used and abused when I bought it. I rebuilt the entire bike but the motor was perfect and was never touched EVER! I sold it when I was 20! I've owned many since then but wanted to build the ultimate Blaster!

I'm soooo excited, my almost three year battle is just about finished! So close i can almost taste it! Just thought I'd share with everyone!

My Bike:
2001 Blaster
Extra supports and gusseted frame
+6" Extended swinger
+6" Rear Axle
+6" Front end
TRI-Z Rear rims
Stock Blaster front rims
Fly CR Bars
DG Front bumper
85 Tri-Z 250 Water cooled
Bored .80
Pro-X Piston
Hot Rods rod kit
Ported and polished
Boost port mod
Rechambered head
Mikuni VM32SS Carb
Reed spacer
Boysen Reeds
Twist throttle
Tri-Z Radiators
Custom Head Pipe (Using a RM250 and Stock Tri-Z)
Cobra Silencer modded
Stock Brakes and Shocks for now (My next project)

Needed to finish:
Intake setup (Stumped Here!)
Carb parts
Seat
Grab bar
Refinish plastics

I can't wait! I've rode it around a little but I wanna run it hard! What ya think? Any ideas on intake setup? Brakes?? Shocks?? Can't break the poor bank either!

Pics:

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

Reactions: Ianharper
that things gonna be sweet! what kind of problems are you running into with the intake? you can get some norman spindles for the front so you can use the hydrolic setup from a banshee. not sure about the front shocks but you may possibly be able to use some yfz450's and i you should be able to use a 400ex shock for the rear with some of kenoconnors bushings. make us a vid of it running!!

the problem with the intake is the carb sits too high and is hitting the the frame. i can not even get a filter in it. does anyone know of a intake that will fit the tri-z or yz that will move the carb down just 1 inch or so???

is that a spacer plate you have in there? would removing that help at all? maybe if you remove that you could get a peice of hose to help get around the frame?

sweet build bro,
strokedtater just reported to 442, that you can cut out that whole cross tube that it hits, it's only there to support the stock pipe and coil, theres the one right behind it for the shock that will do the same job it did
then go here to get size, reducer, or offset hose you will need..............

siliconintakes.com

i have the 2.5" x 2.25" reducers on both my bikes and get their clamps too...good stuff,
theres guys even using the 3/4 or 1 inch stuff as pipe couplings with good results

does anyone know which way a YZ kicks and if i can change the tri-z to a rear kick?? I HATE the forward kick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well time to update. I cut the rear lower shock mount out and now there is room to fit a 90 degree elbow on there and then another 90 to go to the airbox! I got the Trenga Racing hydro rear brake setup I scored buying a blaster for my son on there and even fits with the stock heel guard! I decided to keep the stock fronts for now since I might just sell the bike! Grab bar is bought and installed! Gotta get the plastics done and installed and then a seat!

Whats a little extra work now? I have hundreds of hours into this bike! I'd honestly love to keep it I have way to much time and money in it!