My First quad race !!! need some tips guys

drummerguy101

Oct 30, 2012
wisconsin
the time has come !! :) got my first race at lacrosse center in front of thousands of people ;/ lol im scared as hell with no xp . so far i have flipped the front rims,got rid of tors ,open airbox . btw its a 2005 . whats next this will be my quad for abit so ill do it up nice. ill be doing supercross, MX and some flat track .my weight is 110 pounds . Thanks for the help guys I:I

Good aftermarket shocks should be first on your list. It doesn't matter how much power your engine has if you have to slow down to control it .

I'm sure you'll need a tether and nerfs. Those are your only mods so far? What is your current budget?

Do a pre-race inspection/maintenance. Let me google that for you . Make sure you have fresh fuel, if your gas has been sitting for mor than a couple weeks, get new.

Get lots of sleep night before, eat well, be hydrated. Might consider working out. Practice as much as you can

the best advice i ever got for flat track was go fast and turn left
and you need nerfs if you race alot and theres alot of people that run tethers but i dont and YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD NECK BRACE AND GOOD HELMET

If youve never raced its called speed check like mx just pick a guy and stay behind him if you know.hes good and holeshot is key so never start in first cause well lets.face.it you will be shifting fasting then your foot will move.up believe me i start in 2nd and still hit 3rd to late haha

The main thing to remember is to have fun.

It does not matter if you are unplaced, your first time on a track you should take it easy and look and learn.

Walk the track befoer you attempt to ride it, learn where the poor surfaces are.

Do not try to set any records when jumping, as it is an art that must pe practiced.

Learn how to control the pitch of the bike in flight, if you do not know the technique, ask.

Lastly, it must be enjoyable, have fun (golden rule)

For the start off the launch pad you can go in first gear if you have mad shifting skills like me. But most that have been doing it for a while start in 2nd and drop the hammer outta the gate so both methods work fine. For a while I would creep it in first and let it out slow then get Wylie in 1-3rd and have fun.

For jumps just do what your comfortable with. At first I just chickened out on jumping the mounds me and a buddy made like the MX mounds then I got in a groove and before long I was in 2-3rd gear jumping the singles. Then the doubles in the long streches.

For turns I live by the motto of slow in fast out.
It's really all about doing what your comfortable with and gaining momentum and confidence.I:I

the time has come !! :) got my first race at lacrosse center in front of thousands of people ;/ lol im scared as hell with no xp . so far i have flipped the front rims,got rid of tors ,open airbox . btw its a 2005 . whats next this will be my quad for abit so ill do it up nice. ill be doing supercross, MX and some flat track .my weight is 110 pounds . Thanks for the help guys I:I

This guy is asking for help, if he takes your advice, and grip and rip without any experience, he is going to get himself into trouble.

No one, and I repeat, no one, when tackling a MX circuit for the first time, should think that they are invincable and just grab the throttle and pour on the speed.

If they do, they are in for a rude awakening at the very first jump.

IMO, jump on the bike and take off like you just stole it.

Your advice is irresponsible, I sure hope you were joking, but I fear not, from your latter posts.

Drummerguy, take no notice of this guy and take heed of the sensible options offered by people who care about your welfare.

This guy is asking for help, if he takes your advice, and grip and rip without any experience, he is going to get himself into trouble.

No one, and I repeat, no one, when tackling a MX circuit for the first time, should think that they are invincable and just grab the throttle and pour on the speed.

If they do, they are in for a rude awakening at the very first jump.

Your advice is irresponsible, I sure hope you were joking, but I fear not, from your latter posts.

Drummerguy, take no notice of this guy and take heed of the sensible options offered by people who care about your welfare.

Were talking about a dangerous sport. Anyone joining it knows the risks involved. Yes i care about his welfare, but he is going to race in yet again a dangerous sport and im pretty sure he knows what can and cannot happen.

Were not talking about your 5yr old grand child riding their bike without training wheels for first time. This is a teenage kid that knows what could possibly happen to him while racing an all terrain vehicle.

And your advice is to \/ \/ \/ I hardly think so!

IMO, jump on the bike and take off like you just stole it.

Were talking about a dangerous sport. Anyone joining it knows the risks involved. Yes i care about his welfare, but he is going to race in yet again a dangerous sport and im pretty sure he knows what can and cannot happen.

Care about his welfare, absolute bull s**t.

I refuse to discuss this matter farther, so from me topic closed, before I unleash my fury.X(X(X(

Reactions: Face78