My dumb @$$ buddy and I went half on a blaster rebuilt the top end and out put a v force 3 reed

Zeb

Jun 23, 2017
He went to mix the gas one day & used a bottle labeled fire starter that had gear oil in the old 2 stroke mix bottle and ran it now it's having problems revving up after changing the gas with the right oil/gas mix and it's still having the same problems I put in a new clean stock carb in it and it's not revving up still I've read that I have to hone the cylinder and going to buy the flex honing tool and oil but the brush is a 63 and my honing tool is a 65-67 how does this work do I need the next size that is a 73 or do I use the 63 and kinda wollèr it around? I've cleaned and checked the reeds and tried the old carb after cleaning the hunk out what do I need to do first?

He went to mix the gas one day & used a bottle labeled fire starter that had gear oil in the old 2 stroke mix bottle and ran it now it's having problems revving up after changing the gas with the right oil/gas mix and it's still having the same problems I put in a new clean stock carb in it and it's not revving up still I've read that I have to hone the cylinder and going to buy the flex honing tool and oil but the brush is a 63 and my honing tool is a 65-67 how does this work do I need the next size that is a 73 or do I use the 63 and kinda wollèr it around? I've cleaned and checked the reeds and tried the old carb after cleaning the hunk out what do I need to do first?

Do a compression check and throw your honing tool away. If it needs bored then it is recommended to use a reputable shop. Those 3 stones hones are junk. You will just be asking for more trouble.

Reactions: OConnor Racing