my 90 blaster build up

just a little update. the quad is in my garage torn back down somewhat. i bought a tusk clutch off ebay for $40 bucks, but i wish i would have spent a little more and just got one that would be here sooner, because turns out, ups ground from oregon is gonna take a week and i need it to be installed by the 7th because me and some buddys are going riding for a day. also, my exhaust collar from blaster240r showed up today, and it looks great. i cant wait to get it installed. the leakdown tester i bought from holeshotman is gonna be here tomorrow and then i can start putting it back together again

well my leakdown tester came today. i hooked it up and started pumping the bike pump and it wouldnt let it build any pressure. i was pretty sure that it was leaking a little bit around the reed valve, and thats where all the air felt like it was coming from but after a closer inspection all the air was blowing out the crankcase vent hole right below the throttle side of the reed valve. well sh**. i was thinking i was gonna have to split the cases. so i started tearing it down and got the clutch out and everything, and i notice the crank seal was sticking out pretty far. so i pull the gears off and everything, and sure enough, when i put the motor together a while back, i must have forgotten to put loctite on the screw that holds the metal retainer on, because it backed out just far enough to let the seal not do its job. so i replaced it and put it back together, and now that doesnt leak, but i do have a small leak around the reed cage, and the leakdown tester i just bought from holeshotman was leaking too from me trying to twist it around to see the guage. Btw this was my fault, not holeshotman's. any of you who dont have a leakdown tester, buy one. holeshotman makes them, and they are nice and pretty cheap, check out his sig. its well worth the money to make sure your not gonna blow it up. thanks bro, rep and feedback given

well i ordered a new tusk bumper from rocky mountain atv today for like sixty bucks, and i also ordered a set of cheap-o tires from motosport. they are like knock off holeshots or something for fourty bucks a piece, so i'll use them for now til i can afford to get some real razrs and aluminum rims. now i'm just waiting on the tires, bumper, and clutch in the mail and then i'll be ready to ride. heres a pic of what i did when i got home from work tonight though

Attachments

• clutch cover.jpg
    clutch cover.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 195
i forgot i even made this thread. well i figure since i havent put any updates on here in a long time i should post pics of it pretty close to it being finished the way i want it
0907101307.jpg

0907101305c.jpg

0907101305b.jpg

hey how do you like those artrax tires in the back? i was going to give em a shoot but i didnt know anyone who was running them. are they a good tread for $39 a tire?

hey how do you like those artrax tires in the back? i was going to give em a shoot but i didnt know anyone who was running them. are they a good tread for $39 a tire?

i havent ridden on new holeshots or razrs or anything so i dont know what to compare them to, but i feel like for $39 a tire you really cant beat them