Morels

I do believe whitetail deer eat them. We don't have wild boars in MI but ferrel hogs are becoming a bit of a problem. Totally open season on them.

I do believe whitetail deer eat them. We don't have wild boars in MI but ferrel hogs are becoming a bit of a problem. Totally open season on them.

@dirtysquared , They should be out here soon i would think. Been having some rain and the temps will be rising.. Me and the boys are looking forward to going out looking. I was suprised because my younger son Cody said " hey isnt it the mushroom time" lol.. I had forgot all about it, then seen you also posted in the Tavern about them.

Have you had any luck yet Fred? Joe?

@dirtysquared , They should be out here soon i would think. Been having some rain and the temps will be rising.. Me and the boys are looking forward to going out looking. I was suprised because my younger son Cody said " hey isnt it the mushroom time" lol.. I had forgot all about it, then seen you also posted in the Tavern about them.

Have you had any luck yet Fred? Joe?

I went out Tuesday, The woods is really coming to life here. I'm going to go here in a bit and check my good patches. The low's at night here haven't been below 50 in a week, perfect for getting them to pop out.

That's cool that your son remembered mushroom season. I was pretty little when I got started with my Grandpap, 4 or 5 years old. Never misssed one since :)

Reactions: jus_me
Nothing here yet. I've been checking every 2 or 3 nights. Next weekend should should really start here in SWPA.

we should be a week or 2 behind you as it's cooler up here @ higher elevation

I found my first one tonight :)
IMG_20150422_180018309.jpg

nice !!!!!
but whats that green leafy thing on the left side of the pic ?
we don't even have any of that showing yet here :(

Nice, we must be a bit behind you guys. The grass just started turning green here.

Nice Fred !
wednesday I checked that spot I found them last year, nothing yet :(

Really nice score Fred ! Im a lil jealous lol. I will be going this weekend to check my one spot from last year. Fingers crossed.

Its still really in the season here. No one I know local to me is finding anything.

This next week the temps are going to be warmer, but we need more rain. The soil in the woods just seems too dry.

Found a new patch tonight too, right off of a deer path. No reason for it to be there, but it is and is producing a lot!

Good luck tomorrow turkey hunting Awk, I'm heading out at 5:15 :)

I do believe whitetail deer eat them

I am now a believer of that too, as it appears from the leaves all dug up the deer beat me to my stash :(
these are from the same spot as last years find, I was there last week and there were none, tried to go there yesterday but saw a guys truck who I know takes his son there to turkey hunt, not wanting to spoil their hunt I waited until today....the deer did not :mad:
but i got a few and am now sure this spot produces at least 2 years in a row now, I've found other spots which never produced again so I stopped going to them ?

growing off a moss covered rock is a first for me ?
shrooms.jpg

shrooms 2.jpg