Morels

found a few myself this morning, all together in one low lying damp spot
thanx to dirty for inspiring us to be on the lookout for them :)

threw a bill down beside them to show their size
morels.jpg

Reactions: jus_me
Nice find Awk.. Im going looking again today, grabbing the fishing poles now and heading out. :D With the recant rain and warm temps I hope they pop up.. I also want to thank Dirty for letting us in on these..

No problem guys. I'm heading back out in a few myself. I was on quite a few earlier, it started dumping rain, and I had to take my Dad to pick up his car.

I got my Gore-tex on, Glock cocked, and a few empty bags....should be a fun one!

Awk, the one I circled is a little blonde one, go back where it was in a few days, and I bet you'll find more. Your on them for sure. Those other Black ones are usually the first to pop up. So it just getting started for you in J-town.
morels.jpg

Found a few nice ones, and a new patch this afternoon. I'm finding all these at about the same elevation on this hillside. These were all by Elm Tree's.

0510141505.jpg
0510141510.jpg

wow, thems big'uns fred.
are those all "blondes" ? and mine were all "blacks" except the little one.
or do they change colors with age ?

i was hungry for sausage sammiches so i grabbed a pack of uncle charlies on the way home,
saw the morels in the fridge and got a little creative :)

sweet sausage chunks and morels over noodles in a sour cream stroganoff sauce
morel stroganoff.jpg

found in the woods, was so good it gave me wood ! :)

Reactions: dirtysquared
Im starting to think this is a contest of the biggest bill by your pile of shrooms :p

They look cool, but i dont think i would care to eat one

Man am I looking forward to downing some Morels, my passport just got approved and if I can book the flights to be there by July 4th you better have some on a plate for the Lad and I.

Finaly found some. Made my day!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140515_184054.jpg
    IMG_20140515_184054.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 274
Yes, first ones ever.. :) They have a good smell to them imo.. And I swear I could smell them right before I found them.. Something beat me to most of them a bunch of them were dug up, squirrel maybe? I have no idea..

Do you have any wild pigs in your area, I Googled and found that they like them and mess the ground up when digging them.

No pigs around here. I wish there were, I always wanted to go pig huntin.. As far as cooking them I am not sure yet. I am going to look up some recipes.. Any good ideas? I am going looking again later today after work to try and get some more to make morel of a meal.. :)