Morels

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
Anyone else here search for the elusive morel mushroom? I'm a diehard at it. About 2-3 weeks more for PA to start finding them.

This is one day from last year. I can't wait!
934696_10200689125605824_762162370_n.jpg

Reactions: Herpderplol
Never seen these before.. Please fill us in.. The only mushrooms I remember were from many many moons ago when I lived in Woodstock.. :confused:

Reactions: bummer981
i've already booked my trip down for some lessons, i used to look for them with my dad, but we never found many, i have a couple packs of deer steak waiting for some frying pan buddies :)

Never seen these before.. Please fill us in.. The only mushrooms I remember were from many many moons ago when I lived in Woodstock.. :confused:

i think i ate a pizza once in college that had some of those on it :)

I wish there was a way I could send you guys some, but they would go bad. They taste like no other, and are worth the countless hours spent looking for them. Fry these babies up with some butter, onions and garlic, and your eating good.

There is a Fancy restaurant near me that will pay $130 a pound. I'd rather eat them and give them to my friends than sell them to some upscale yuppie pricks. Shrooming to me is about being out in he woods and having fun, not making money.

I wish there was a way I could send you guys some, but they would go bad. They taste like no other, and are worth the countless hours spent looking for them. Fry these babies up with some butter, onions and garlic, and your eating good.

I will have to look for some and try them.

Dunno how i missed this thread lol.

Those look cool.

at $130 a pounds, i would have to sells one or two lol.

not a big fan of shrooms on my food though

I'm starting to look today. The soil temps here are getting close to what we need for them to pop up. I'm hoping to maybe catch some early Black morels.

I'm about 99.9% sure I'm not going to find anything tonight, but I love the looking and being in the woods. Never hurts to take a few beverages with you too :)

I finally found some today. The PA weather this year sucks!!! Normally our mushroom season is about kicked by now, but this strange cold year its just getting started.

I found a few in a Poplar tree woods, and a few half free morels on a hill top. So far on the one site I belong to, I got the first yellow Morel in Washington County. I only picked one for proof for the nay-sayers. Its now living in my fridge.
0426141715 first shroom.jpg

Do the Shrooms hang around until July, cos if I eventually get there I would love to try them, I love the taste of them.

I also am a big fan of blue/ green cheese.

you must be able to smell them to find 'em that small :)

you must be able to smell them to find 'em that small :)

I'm actually color blind. I think that's what helps me. I spotted this one about 25' away. It was glowing like a lightbulb at me.

Do the Shrooms hang around until July, cos if I eventually get there I would love to try them, I love the taste of them.

I also am a big fan of blue/ green cheese.

No they do not, but I plan on freezing some, so you will get a nice sampler!