Missing in action.. .. ... .

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
Here is what I've been up too lately. I really love the whole boating thing cause it's something my whole family can enjoy.

KIMG0189.JPG
KIMG0188.JPG
KIMG0189.JPG
KIMG0188.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG0187.JPG
    KIMG0187.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 264
  • KIMG0224.JPG
    KIMG0224.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 253
  • KIMG0220.JPG
    KIMG0220.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 251
  • KIMG0158.JPG
    KIMG0158.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 263
  • KIMG0229.JPG
    KIMG0229.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 262
Reactions: speedyslyder
i see free boats all the time on craigslist....sure they need work though..i got a bock dock like 1/4mile down the street have not talked the wife into to doing it though and everything goes past here first:eek:

Boats in general aren't to expensive (I had boats my entire life), it's the performance boats and parts that are expensive. To put it in prospective the hydraulic steering I want is $2,600 and the Tim tabs I want are $3,000.

Hopefully I will be getting those two items along with a couple other things over the winter.

There just isn't a lot of places to ride bikes around here and I live on a river that dumps into the cheasapeake bay. There is no shortage of places to go on the boat

Wondering why u dropped off the social net. Looks awsome, god i grew up on boats n every time u go out it seems u need a new part, but wasnt realy around performance boats... Looks like fun taking the whole fam out.

Yeah boats aren't for everybody. I had a last with it last year and anticipate using it a lot next year. I would like to do some more riding too.

I grew up on boats but I had a drowning experience once and really don't prefer to be on deep water. Not that I haven't been on boats in the last few years, just, like you said, not my thing. I do like boats, specially the big block V8 powered race boats.

Reactions: Wifesblaster
Haha sucker!!! I told you when you were here, fast boats are more addicting and expensive than blasters!!!!!

As for parts..I know a couple people out your way that are always parting boats, you can get those 280 k planes used pretty reasonable. Steering isnt going to be cheap, but you should be able to find a helm back full hyd. system used for under 2000

That 502 mag is a good motor, Good forged crank, dimple rods, rectangle port heads. its a great base to start from too. On thaat motor, it has the VST system. it can be prone to vapor locking on extended idle/ no wake runs as its a returnless system. If you have that problem thereare easy fixes so no worries. I believe your motor is a gen 6 from the picks.. good 4 bolt roller block. The intake manifoldand injection on that really limits after about 53`5400 rpm and 500 hp. If the bottom is in decent shape, A Bob Madera hyd roller cam and valvetrain with either a single plane vic jr and 850 carb (basically the hp500 carb setup) of the hp500 efi setup reprogrammed will put that motor up around 550 hp and get the motor spining around 55~5700 rpm. you dont want to go any further than that or you will start eating drives. About 525~550 hp is the magic number before the price really starts jumping and headaches ensue.

You can find me on offshoreonly.com and boatfreaks.org facebook "powerboat swap shop" is a great place to find parts, though it would be wise to talk to me before buying anything from anybody, I can most likely save you some headaches. Unfortunatly performance boating has some really nefarious rip off bastards, but their are also some really good guys. I have been playing with fast offshore boats for about 10 years now. i nkow who does good work and who to avoid. what works and what doesnt etc.....

Reactions: OConnor Racing