Make your own ATV Lift ( This is the cats ass )

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
Check it out , atv lift , car scissor jack , 2 pieces of metal/aluminum plate , 8 nyloc bolts , I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner
e62f2358.jpg
dff5d22b.jpg
ab2f0c77.jpg
Its a 1 ton jack , and with the 3/8" socket drive welded to the threaded rod , it lifts it up with zero effort , i damn near blew out my back lifting the blaster on and off that stinkin milk crate , and the crate buckled anyway . its very sturdy side to side too no wobble . Go raid moms trunk , and ask her for 10 bucks for hardware , make your own !!!!!! the flat plates are 14"x14"

Reactions: mr_3_0_5
nice, cheap and effective...i bet i have a couple of those around back home this'll save me some cash!

i was just thinkin this last week while at mcdonalds, out back laying were some heavy grey plastic carts with 4 wheels, mount the jack to that, use plywood for the top, hit it with the drill, up, up, and away, the you could roll it around and spin it to work on it
oh, and volkswagen jacks already have a bolt head for the drill, i've done it for changin tires

Very nice man.I:I
I modified my stock Lincoln LS scissor jack for use with an air impact wrench the same way.
It made oil changes and tire rotations a breeze while not F'in up my car like a regular jack would.

how does it hold up if you lift the quad from the under the engine?

Well you wouldn't have to worry about weight. Stability side to side should be fine with the plates, but front to back would be wobbly I would think. (I'm thinking you meant lifting the whole bike and not just the front?)