low buck front hydro's

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
ok guys, i got jacked around on a incomplete set of front hydro's for $200+ sum , followed the ebay bidding on an 03+ blaster setup up into the $300 range, and have seen other banshee setups going close to $200, and ya still have to fab,rig,ream, and drill for them to fit, so i set out to find a better solution and heres what i came up with......

first off get yourself a set of ken oconnor racing front conversion spindles....
direct bolt on, no jury rigging at all, well worth every penny, here's the links.............

http://www.blasterforum.com/advertising-22/hydro-front-spindles-48783/

purchase:
http://kenoconnorracing.com/OEM Blaster Parts.html

KOR hydro conversion spindles:

next i watched ebay for the 2 remaining peices needed..........
i got 2001 banshee hubs/rotors $25, you'll need 1990+ with the recessed screws that hold the disc on, pre '90's/j-arm banshee hydro parts will not work

i found out that raptor660 and most yamaha sport atv calipers are the same, i got those with lines for $25, and they even came with the plastic cover that snapped to my a-arms to hold and protect the lines, I spent the better part of an hour a piece sanding and polishing them, plus new pads for $20

i got some free pre '90 banshee stuff from one of our members and used the resivour/handle, line and splitter from that set, but i've seen resi/handles go for less than $20,
i will prolly change the all the lines to dual braided stainless or single into splitter from streamline sometime soon,

connecting the raptor and banshee splitters together was the only tricky part of this whole thing, i blocked off the 1 hard line out of the banshee splitter, eventually with a bolt and teflon tape, then fed a new 6" hard line from auto zone into the raptor splitter, bending the tubing carefully downward to reach the rappy splitter

so total cost + shipping (which was minimal).........
KOR spindles $125 w/core, $150 straight up.
90+ banshee hubs/rotors...$25
raprtor660 calipers/brackets/lines...$25
new brake pads....$20
banshee resi/handle/line.....free

not getting jacked around/overpaying for 03+ stuff/being able to do stoppies......priceless

pics:

260q1jm.jpg

s33jhl.jpg

2e2kozp.jpg

b8q0jm.jpg

2iueqyx.jpg

Last edited:
not bad at all.....bummer about being jerked around like that.........i got my bolt on everything front hydros for 158 shipped man.....i thought for sure they would go over 200

lemme clear that up a little, i didnt buy the incomplete set, but was about to send money, when i found out they didn't come with spindles, then they did?????
only had time to ride around the yard with these fronts, i'm sure they'll feel better after the pads wear in, but still felt good, it's gonna take some time to get used to not having to use my "kung-fu grip" like the cable brakes required

Reactions: samolia
it's gonna take some time to get used to not having to use my "kung-fu" grip, like the cable brakes required

lol thats pretty funny i know how it is having to use the good ole kung fu grip, it was alway nice with emergency breaking situation you could count on drum brakes not stopping you in time 100 percent of the time....

good write up awk

great write up!!! It's nice to know about another route to go for front hydros. And cheaper is always a plus!!

rode good and hard today, dont know if it was the pads wearing in or a little air worked its way out, but they got better and better as i rode, freakin awsome, i was only jokin before about doin stoppies, but i think it will actually do 'em, gonna have to practice that some, haha, still findin it hard to believe i've had blasters since 1996 and waited all this time to have real brakes
i have to say it again..... FREAKIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: GTP
YB.......do i really have to come to south dakota to roost all over your ass ?

where else can i find the spindles norman doesnt have anymore i dont think. or what quad do they come off of.

edit: norman420 does not fab/sale these anymore, he forwarded everything to make these to me (awk), and I in turn took them to ken oconnor racing, who now sales them.
see top post for info

lemme clear that up a little, i didnt buy the incomplete set, but was about to send money, when i found out they didn't come with spindles, then they did?????
only had time to ride around the yard with these fronts, i'm sure they'll feel better after the pads wear in, but still felt good, it's gonna take some time to get used to not having to use my "kung-fu" grip, like the cable brakes required

I hear your the one to talk to about getting hydro rear brake system on a 99 blaster... How do I get in touch with you directly?

I hear your the one to talk to about getting hydro rear brake system on a 99 blaster... How do I get in touch with you directly?

private message sent
actually called a conversation now, look on the top right corner of any page, you should see 1 message, from me.

I just found the a-arms spindles and hubs both sides from an 04 blaster for 140 and got the master and lines and calipers for 75 I just haven't had a chance to ride it yet I'll let you know how it is when I do