loosing compression

go to harbor freight and buy a compression tester, $15 i think i paid, and test mine weekly for any signs of loss, as of yesterday mines holding steady at 152lbs since my ken oconnor rebuild/porting

Without a gauge it's a little hard to tell if you loose compression. You can notice that it kicks over easier when you loose comp. That's all I can think of dude.

ok would signs of losing compression be not starting, starting when cold but not when warmed up, bogging when driven but idles and revs fine, i cleaned my carb and im getting spark and i removed my tors today so its not that, and do u think i could take it to a dealer and have them check my compression

The stealership will do any work you've got enough bones to pay them for!

Seriously, go buy a compression tester. They're cheap, like cheaper than the gas it takes to drive your quad to the dealership much less the bill you're going to rack up...

ok i lookd at my cylinder today and it has no marks and the top of my piston looks great but my head seal was nothing its like just the metal ill take a pic today

get a new head gasket, put her all back together, make sure to lube the cylinder with some 2 stroke oil, torque it all down, run it for a little while, cool down, re-check the torques on all head and base bolts, then check that compression

:-/ rubber particles?

Some race engine builders don't use head gaskets, they simply lap the head and cylinder mating surfaces together and use shellac as the seal.

I doubt you've got an engine that's built like that and don't know it!

More likely the last person who freshened up that top end would have lost their head had it not been screwed on and forgot a head gasket... Is there any burning/scoring along the mating surfaces that would indicate it was blowing compression by the mating surfaces?

ok there is a metal gasket but there was so rubber stuff and the guy i bought it off of said its setup for racing ill take a pic soon