Loose tors

Dash

Mar 3, 2017
Problem with my blaster not idleing when cold when the choke is on. Once it's warmed up it idles great with the choke off. If I choke it while warm, the engine will die. I looked over the carb and checked the adjustments and everything seemed okay. But I did notice that the tors is loose and moves side to side with ease. Now I'm not familiar with a tors and that's my question, is the tors supposed to be loose to compensate for throttle adjustment?

Hell its already loose, take the stupid thing off. But be careful, when you have it in your hand. Don't be to excited to light the entire unit on fire or you might burn your house down. Or do it the standard way and throw it in the trash. Your choice.

The more I look into the tors the more I dislike it. I think I'm leaning towards an aftermarket carb.

Hell its already loose, take the stupid thing off. But be careful, when you have it in your hand. Don't be to excited to light the entire unit on fire or you might burn your house down. Or do it the standard way and throw it in the trash. Your choice.

Or you could sell it like I did hehe.

I don't get cheap on parts, especially since I'm in the process of a full restoration so I want the quad to last. As for the carb do you think a 30mm is a good size?

I don't get cheap on parts, especially since I'm in the process of a full restoration so I want the quad to last. As for the carb do you think a 30mm is a good size?
What's done to the bike?
What's your intended purpose for the bike?

I've had the bike ported and polished, full FMF exhaust, k&n filter with a modified airbox to increase airflow, oil injection delete kit, boyesen reeds and bored .60 over. I use the bike for everything from trails to dunes and occasionally a trip to the track, but a majority of my riding is on trails.

Last edited:
Some people on here will tell you that you need a bigger carb. I'm one who believes the stock carb is good enough. No need to upgrade.

Sounds like best case scenario is keep the stock 26mm carb and delete the tors

the problem is it comes loose
even with the locking tab for top cover..
i have seen it happen on other carbs as well but
heavy top cover/plus alot of blaster carbs are missing the locking tab/for heavy top cover.
results are....???
pinning itself,or someone adjusting carb to compensate for a loose top cover.

/\ also after hand tighting the top cover/the part with threads that holds throttle cable.ect
grab a pair of channel lock plier's and slightly/carefully give it a final checko_O
i like wrapping channel lock pliers with electrical tape/or tape to avoid scarring that plier's
will produce:p