Look what i found.

burntice

Dec 31, 2013
Whats up guys, This is my first post but ive been lurking and reading a lot of good info on this site for a while.

I purchased this blaster back in November knowing it needed a new top end and some other small things. So i went ahead and put a new piston , rings and honed out the cylinder. In the process i was messing around with the oil feed and turns out it was being ran without it hooked up to the carb. So i went ahead and blocked off the oil feed. I started it up and ran ok but smoked like crazy, was leaking oil out of exhaust and was burning the trany oil.

So i changed out the main seal on the clutch side and still burned oil. At this point i decided to go ahead and do a leak test, It would not even build 1 psi.
I tore down the cases and found 2 very big chunks of aluminum and the cases cracked. So looked like im going to try and weld the cases i have done some tig welding but not much. Anyone have any other ideas besides welding to fix the holes?

Turns out the 450$ for this bike was not such a good deal after all. Not that ive finished boring everyone let me say ive gotten most of my info from this forum and has been a great resource keep the good work.

Thanks,
Austin

it happens a lot with the blasters. be careful buying the used cases off ebay. a lot off people knowingly or not, sell cracked ones.

welcome to BF Austin.

good luck welding the cases, it can be done, (but i'd find others myself)
remember to lap the case halves after the repair to get a good seal, then leakdown test after full assembly