Long travel shocks

Jonah_Paris8

Feb 17, 2016
Indiana
I recently bought a set of asr +3 +1 long travel a arms. Their website says that they take a 16 1/4" shock. I found some aftermarket yfz shocks for a good price but they are 18". Is it possible that they will fit without raising the front end super high or maxing out the ball joints?

Reactions: Awk08
I also have the same arms. Looking into shocks also.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/cheap-shocks.4054/

I would say 17" long would be make with out running into big problems. I been looking at 400EX front shocks 17" long.

I have seen some one make a thread on here about A arms and they had a problem with the ball joints maxed out. Will see if I can find it.

Last edited:
I bought trx250r shock I believe. I looked at THIS page from Works, they list every shock and shock length out there!

Only shocks worth something that are 16.25" are trx250r, trx400ex. Im sure that 17" shocks would work, or 16" shocks. 700 raptors are 17"

there is a set of 400ex works triple rates with remote reservoir on ebay right now for $400, little steep I think. $300 is a much better price point.

well YFZ shocks are better than stock blaster shocks. But there are upgraded YFZ shocks for a reason. There will always be something better than stock shocks. But also, YFZ450 shocks are 15.75", .5" shorter than these arms are designed for. I think if anything, I would want longer rather than shorter.

I ended up going with 08 Yamaha Raptor Shocks 16" long.

8" will be way to long and parts will rub. Even 17" shocks look like they be to long. mainly at the heim balls and bolts is the point that will hit / rub.

Last edited:
I finally got time to work on the blaster. Still trying to dial in the a arms, the rezzies aren't mounted and the brakes aren't ran but the a arms and shocks are on. Haven't ridden it but it's gonna be so nice to have disk brakes and not bottom out on our tabletop anymore lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Markblaster