Leak down tester

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have personal contat info for Awk08? I need to get one of his leak down testers for myself. Was gonna PayPal him the money tomorrow but can't get ahold of him. Getting a real bad hanging rev and after messing with the air screw, idle screw, and changing the pilot jet, it' not getting any better. It passed a leak down test but that was 2 weeks ago and I've been riding since then and she' starting to smoke more now.

All torn apart and waiting for rebuild kits to come in the mail before engine disassembly and reassembly. Gonna grab Awk's personal info for the future :(:(:(
15146090381251534426398.jpg

Reactions: ProjectBlasturd
So what your saying is send me cylinder to Ken and have it bored for a 240 and them buy a 240 kit And go to town?
Nope not at all. The only way to make a stock cylinder a big bore is to bore out the old sleeve, keep boring to fit the new sleeve and have it pressed in. With that said it is not worth it and removes to much material in the stock cylinder. If you want to go bb then a vitos,airsal,ct etc is the way to go.
My honest recommendation is this: Have current cylinder bored and ported. I like to see a stock oem yamaha cylinder on its lowest bore possible that way there is plenty of life left for future bores/hones. Get your head rechambered, new wiseco piston kit, and have your crank checked for runout. If it is out to much have it rebuilt with a new rod and bearings and is as good as oem new. It will make double the power of a stock cylinder. Of course a carb,pipe, etc all compliment each other well when getting it ported and head rechambered.

What is your current cylinder at measurement wise ? Or what was it at before you blew it up?

Nope not at all. The only way to make a stock cylinder a big bore is to bore out the old sleeve, keep boring to fit the new sleeve and have it pressed in. With that said it is not worth it and removes to much material in the stock cylinder. If you want to go bb then a vitos,airsal,ct etc is the way to go.
My honest recommendation is this: Have current cylinder bored and ported. I like to see a stock oem yamaha cylinder on its lowest bore possible that way there is plenty of life left for future bores/hones. Get your head rechambered, new wiseco piston kit, and have your crank checked for runout. If it is out to much have it rebuilt with a new rod and bearings and is as good as oem new. It will make double the power of a stock cylinder. Of course a carb,pipe, etc all compliment each other well when getting it ported and head rechambered.

What is your current cylinder at measurement wise ? Or what was it at before you blew it up?
Check your messages bud lol

For PB to read and understand again. lol