KX250 full rebuild

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
We went riding on saturday and my brother's bike began to make a weird sound. He said it was like a clunking. When we started it up at home, it would not replicate the sound he had heard.

We pulled the motor out last night and split the cases. His hot rods crank has about twice as much movement as specs. We also bent the flywheel end of the crank attempting to hit it out so we are ordering a new crank.

We will be sending the cylinder to ken to be inspected and probably bored and re-plated.

We also bent the flywheel end of the crank attempting to hit it ou

3946125.jpg

Parts on parts are rolling in :eek::cool:

Possibly have cases back together this saturday if shipping all goes as planned
if not no biggie. we dont have riding planned for a bit

also my mornings are now going to be occupied with training/studying for the state SkillsUSA competition.
last year I was runner-up in powersports. this year I don't want to be that low! :mad::mad:

Cases back together yesterday, had the crank in the freezer since the night before, little heat on the center race of the bearings and she popped right in.

Progress was put to a stop when I found out the shift lever was bent, hadn't noticed on disassembly I guess. Should be the last part to come in after the cylinder on monday

Attachments

• 20160416_130052.jpg
    20160416_130052.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 366
Reactions: Awk08
Well motosport emailed saying they didnt know when the shaft would be in.
-cancelled the order

partzilla said it might be in next wednesday
-trying to cancel the order

rockymountain shipped product same day :cool:

Entire bottom end is together, just waiting on ken for the cylinder still. I guess his plating company found a crack in the cylinder skirt and it delayed a day. plus they were already swamped with product. But Ken is keeping me updated so i dont have to worry :cool:

Well motosport emailed saying they didnt know when the shaft would be in.
-cancelled the order

partzilla said it might be in next wednesday
-trying to cancel the order

rockymountain shipped product same day :cool:
Well how awesome is this, Im getting all 3 of the damn shafts!
apparently partzilla shipped early (2 days after i emailed them to cancel)
rocky was right on time
and apparently i cant trust the guy i emailed at motosport

As long as the price isn't a lot different, I always get parts from rocky mountain atv. They are super fast and I haven't ever had a problem with them and I order a lot of parts.

What exactly is Partszillia? Are they actually a warehouse , or do they buy parts wherever and just drop ship ??
Best place to get OEM parts when you cant find them anywhere else haha

As long as the price isn't a lot different, I always get parts from rocky mountain atv. They are super fast and I haven't ever had a problem with them and I order a lot of parts.
we always used rocky for our blaster parts, but I have only ordered motosport for the bikes now

we always used rocky for our blaster parts, but I have only ordered motosport for the bikes now
Hell I live like 100 miles from one of the warehouses so I get parts from rocky mountain the next day with their standard shipping (which is usually free because how often do we ever order parts and the total is under $100 lol)

Still waiting on the cylinder. The company Ken sends cylinders to for re-plating is slow or stupid I don't know :p

First they were behind a bit, then they found a crack in the cylinder skirt which took a day more to weld.
But they found that early last week and ken still doesn't have it back to him, so I'm slightly aggravated.

Engine is in the frame. Im still trying to figure out a way to seal the exhaust port for a leak test.
it doesnt have a bolt on pipe like the blaster and it is not round enough to use a freeze plug

Powerseal is doing the best they can. They lost an employee at the busiest time of the year. I've been sending them cylinders for years and they usually turn them over in a couple of weeks. Current turnover time is 4 - 5 weeks.

Powerseal is doing the best they can. They lost an employee at the busiest time of the year. I've been sending them cylinders for years and they usually turn them over in a couple of weeks. Current turnover time is 4 - 5 weeks.
Whats your suggestion for doing the leak test? I hope to do it in the morning