kx125 prob again

Feb 2, 2015
I have a 99kx 125 and recently I power washed it and drained the gas and put fresh gas in it- 35:1 and then started it up and it was just idling then it bogged down and died. so I tried cleaning the spark plug and no chance of starting and then I tried starting fluid and still not starting and then I tried to bump start it and still nothing ??
when I first got it it was running really rich so I changed the jets leaner I now have a 152 main and 48 pilot. after I changed the jets it was running a little leaner but still had a bog when I turned the throttle fast and would still spit splooge out of the exhaust. so I rebuilt the top end , brand new air filter and gaskets.
the bike will currently not start no matter what I try, I checked the spark and it's still good a nice blue spark and the coil is fine I checked the voltage and everything so idk what to do??

Check the Compression and the reeds. It's a easy place to start looking for the problem.
I checked the reeds yesterday because that's the only thing I could think of and they weren't cracked or anything and I couldn't see any light through them so I think they're okay.
and I haven't checked the compression but I just rebuild the top end probably two weeks ago so my guess would be it's not that

I checked the reeds yesterday because that's the only thing I could think of and they weren't cracked or anything and I couldn't see any light through them so I think they're okay.
and I haven't checked the compression but I just rebuild the top end probably two weeks ago so my guess would be it's not that

You said the key word there bud, guess. It's better to test it and see with your own eyes if it does or not.

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Check flywheel key and that wheel was tight. If plug cap is removable , trim 1/4" off and reinstall with dielectric grease.

Last edited:
Check flywheel key and that wheel was tight. If plug cap is removable , trim 1/4" off and reinstall with dielectric grease.
figured out the problem , the float needle valve was bad it was stuck open so I replaced that then it worked for a solid two weeks but then somehow it got like sucked inside where it sits and the rubber tip got mangled ???? so I had to buy another one and it worked but just today it died once again ?? wth