KOR 400ex bushing wont fit

gridlock

Dec 4, 2010
Has anyone ran into this problem? I got the bushings from KOR because the forum supports him and comes recommended but they will not go into my original bolt hole, at first I thought there was maybe a bur on the inside (shock frame hole) so i used a round file and lightly went around it on both sides and they are smooth, still wont go in. I can feel how rough the cut was on the bushing surface so i filed it a little to get it smooth as well and they still wont fit. Maybe I was sent the wrong ones?

Maybe I was sent the wrong ones?

nope, they are the only ones available.
this has happened before, it's differences in the frame holes.
mine were very tight also, I used a bolt and nut thru the frame and bushing, (nut on inside)
line it up, hold it straight, then just tighten the bolt/nut until it draws the bushing into the frame

nope, they are the only ones available.
this has happened before, it's differences in the frame holes.
mine were very tight also, I used a bolt and nut thru the frame and bushing, (nut on inside)
line it up, hold it straight, then just tighten the bolt/nut until it draws the bushing into the frame

lol, ok thanks Awk, thats the exact reverse of how i press out swingarm bearings, i have many washers and carriage bolts dedicated just for that, just wanted to make sure before I jam something in where it doesn't belong

I got them pressed in, thanks for the help guys, i was starting to get worried as lately nothing has been going my way

Reactions: Markblaster
On the other hand the aluminum ones I got off eBay fitted and fall out every time you remove the shock because they are not a press fit, that's why I brought the KOR bushes. :) Glad you got them installed.

Reactions: gridlock
On the other hand the aluminum ones I got off eBay fitted and fall out every time you remove the shock because they are not a press fit, that's why I brought the KOR bushes. :) Glad you got them installed.

I watched Ken's video on their installation of them but dont recall him pressing them in, I think thats why I thought they just were a snug fit but yeah a pressed fit makes more sense, dont need them rattling around