Kick start removal

kbbrown123

Mar 17, 2009
Henry County GA
Got a dumb question, i need to get the clutch cover off but i cant budge the damn nut holdin the kick on... Its not reverse thread or anything is it? The motor is out of the blasty i cant get alot of torq on the nut cuz it jus turn the motor over... Just makin sure its not revers thread or if i should do sumt first before crankin on the damn thing..?

no its not, when you put it back on use the non perminant loctite tho, i forgot and after getting water in the airbox and having to kick the sh*t out of it to get me home i damn near lost the nut because as i was kicking it was loosening.

heat is your friend. but it can bite you in the ass. usee a littke heat from a propane torch. don't use map or oxy acet torches, just enough heat to losen up the thread locker. Ive seen it many times.
Mark
01 Blaster
01 CR125R
84 YZ 80
69 450
63 S90

Here is what I do. Push the kicker all the way down. Then get your trusty impact and zip it off. If you dont have an impact, you may be out of luck. I have run into them that wont come off easily without an air wrench. If you can get enough leverage to hold the engine still, you can push the kicker all the way down, and then use a long breaker bar to bust it loose.

I took mine off lastnight. The bolt is normal thread. just get a 19mm socket and go counterclockwise.Then, Hit it with a mallet. its a pain in the ass, but i got it off. So im sure you Can too.

leverage put a pipe on a regular socket and start step on it with consistant force dont bounce on it just steadily step on it till it breaks loose.. a little gun oil on it cant hurt as well..

Metric lug wrench. Pipe for a cheater bar. No heat or even pb blaster.

I did it with the motor mounted to hold it still