Keihin 35mm pwk jetting specs

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
I FINALLY got my blasty jetted. I have a 35mm pwk. I am currently running a 48 pilot, cel needle, 158 main, and 1.75 turns out on the airscrew. I'm using a #6 slide. It is impossible to jet with a #5! This was jetted at sea level in 40 degree weather. My mods are listed in my sig. Needle is in the middle right now and might be a hair rich but it's really close. I plug chopped it yesterday and it was a perfect cardboard color. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Reactions: Blaaster
nice work and post mike !!!

how bout i change the thread name to
"Keihin 35mm pwk jetting"
so it's easily found by anyone searching ???

Is the slide in a 34mm PJ different than a PWK?

It's a little different, but you still need it to be a number 6. The higher the number the leaner. We run a 34pj in the orange/black bike. Jetting is 52 pilot, cel needle, 160 main (plug chopping this weekend.) That carb works great. Air screw is 2 turns out. We will probably put the 50 back in, it seemed to like Ira little better. Air screw was at 3/4 and should work well with the warmer weather. I wanted to jet them in cold weather for piece of mind and insurance.

Sounds good AWK. Change it up!

Thanks for the green.

Reactions: Awk08
It's a little different, but you still need it to be a number 6. The higher the number the leaner. We run a 34pj in the orange/black bike. Jetting is 52 pilot, cel needle, 160 main (plug chopping this weekend.) That carb works great. Air screw is 2 turns out. We will probably put the 50 back in, it seemed to like Ira little better. Air screw was at 3/4 and should work well with the warmer weather. I wanted to jet them in cold weather for piece of mind and insurance.

Sounds good AWK. Change it up!

Thanks for the green.

Kk thxs. Im gonna give it a few more trys. Sucks unhooking filter tube, carb, changing jets. I do it like 1-2 times then give up for few days.

good info mike, i'm gonna order me a #6 slide here soon !

other than that, thats very similar jetting to my 34pj....
1800-2400' elevation
48 pilot
airscrew under 2 turns, although i play with it frequently for changing conditions
"dgh" needle/middle clip position (leaner than cel)
155 main/162 winter

Kk thxs. Im gonna give it a few more trys. Sucks unhooking filter tube, carb, changing jets. I do it like 1-2 times then give up for few days.

Sucks even worse with a CFM airbox! Have to take the whole box off to get the carb out. That was probably the most frustrating thing I've ever done. It literally took me 5 months. I took breaks too, if not it would have got the sledgehammer!! Hopefully this post will help people. That slide fixed all my problems. AWK and duelstroke helped me out a LOT.