Keihin 35mm Carb and V-force reeds question

Ghost351

Aug 17, 2012
Hi, I am new to this forum so hello everyone. I have a question. I am looking to get the V-force Delta 3 reed valve system for my Blaster. My question is I am currently running the 35mm Keihin Carb with the stock reed cage. Will the V-Force reeds bolt up to my bigger intake that was provided with the carb when it was purchased? Does anyone have this setup or any experience with it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

they will bolt right up, what intake are you running ??

i am running a 34mmpj with a pro-design 34/35mm intake, < that requires cutting a plastic nozzle off the vf3's, but they come with 4 bolts/washers/nuts and directions to easily do this in about 5 minutes time with only a hacksaw blade

and welcome to BF.

Well I am not exactly sure. I bought the quad with it already installed. I know it's the kit you can get off of Ebay or Trinity. 35mm Keihin with the intake adapter ect... I read somewhere that you couldn't use the V-force reeds with that setup and I wanted to know if that was true. I didn't think it was as anything can be fabricated if you have the patience. I don't have my digital camera with me right now but I can post some pics of the carb and intake later if that would help.

Thanks for the welcome!! So far a lot of great info on here just from browsing around.

Well I am not exactly sure. I bought the quad with it already installed. I know it's the kit you can get off of Ebay or Trinity. 35mm Keihin with the intake adapter ect... I read somewhere that you couldn't use the V-force reeds with that setup and I wanted to know if that was true. I didn't think it was as anything can be fabricated if you have the patience. I don't have my digital camera with me right now but I can post some pics of the carb and intake later if that would help.

ive never heard of the vf3's not being compatible with any intake, i think you'll be fine, but some pics may help ?
i guarantee, a call to moto tassanari will !!!!!
toll free # at the bottom of the homepage.......

Moto Tassinari | WELCOME TO SUPERIOR AIR POWER

Well I'm having some trouble uploading the pictures of the intake. Maybe my file size is too large or ?? But i am going to order the V-Force reeds. All I needed was some confirmation. Thanks for the help.

What intake boot do you have? The only one that I know of that won't work with vforce reeds is the pro design billet intake with the center divider in it. It can be made to work but it won't just bolt on the way it is

2zstrag.jpg

Thanks for posting those two threads. Okay here is a pic of the intake.

I have not ordered the V-force reeds yet. Home bills and other expenses are currently taking my financial priority. It seems like I am going to have to modify them to fit. No big deal. I read through the forum you posted Awk.

when i put mine in the actua cage part of the vf3's assembly was ratteling around between the intake and vf3's body. I ended up having the lap the two down until they sat tight against the intake boot. that kept them from ratteling around in there. you will see what i mean if you get them

that looks to be the same pro-design intake i run, mine does not have a center divider, and i still had to cut the nozzle from the vf3's, as my link above shows, easy 5 minute job, and they have been on my bike for 3 trouble free seasons now

may i suggest when you are ready to get the v-forces, for a couple bucks more, might as well get the latest greatest design.......

Blaster YFS200 Moto Tassinari V-Force VForce V Force 4 Four Reeds Reed Cage | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I will keep everyone updated on how it goes. V-force 4 reeds?! That's exciting. I will def have to buy these and try them out. Anyone on here have any yet? Any real life tests or reviews on them. When they come in my buddy who actually built my motor ( Ported and bored it) is going to help me cut and shape the V-force reeds to fit perfectly.