Jug nuts

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
Sounds wrong...... But where can i get some jug nuts? Two of mine rounded. Or what thread are they? i can probably get some at the tractor supply.

Are the head nuts the same? I should just replace those too

The are 8mm x 1.25 thread. Your local ACE hardware should have them. I just bought regular nuts and lock washers for mine.

Yeah i got some at lowes but stainless with the nylon lock insert like 3 bucks for 10 of them

Last edited:
I was going to find the same ones that were on it, probably stainless though.

I dont know what they are called, but i think the are lock nuts..

Are nuts for he head the same thread??

Haha from jug nuts to head nuts, this is a funny thread ! And yes both use the same nuts and studs, your being smart by replacing them all before anymore of them start rounding.

Be very wary of using Nylock nuts they do not torque up correctly, and may cause gasket leakage.

After thinking about this i see where your coming from cuz the nylon makes it harder to screw on so in turn your under torqing the bolts even tho the wench says your good. Am i on the right path here? I have leaktested and i am good with them now but im going to change them next time my head and jug come off

Got it in one! Nylock adds to the forces.

Unless specified all tensioned fastenings should be assembled clean and dry.

Even Loctite will confuse a torque wrench.

wont the nylon melt under the heat of the jug causing the nut to become "unlocked"? I would at least double stack with another non nylon nut I think if it were me.

How did you get them off?
buy a special socket to grip it like this\/ nut extractor's :eek:
or try a 1 size smaller socket and tap it on tight.
nut extraxtor 1.jpg