Jimmer's Blaster motor in vintage Yamaha bike

I really really love this bike. I haven't been a 2 stroke owner for very long (8 months) I always though that you couldn't hold a constant speed for a long time, like 45 mph for miles. Obviously you do so is that just people that ride 4 strokes talkin smack or do you have it set up differently to handle that type of riding.

You must make sure jetting is right.It is too easy to cook a piston at part throttle for long periods.Paying attention to what the engine is doing is important.Look what snowmobiles and outboards can do.Steady even running if you want,all day long.Good fuel,mixture,oil,proper timing is always needed.As a side note, I love the Vapor gauges and the cylinder head temp feature.Good stuff. Pudvah,thank you, and welcome to the two-stroke world.

I have goofy work schedules and hours,so my riding goes in spurts. This has been perfect weather for riding, so it frustrates me when I can't get out as much as I like. I did get out last night for a perfect sunset ride and some fresh air. My headlight adjustment was spot on,Vapor dash lighting is great. Motor sure is sporty snorting around in traffic. Dipshits on cellphones are scarier then ever,hang up the phones and DRIVE people. Public service message for the week!

Reactions: pudvah
Stopped by the big bike shop before going out on a nice Autumn ride. I think the boys liked the Blaster bike.Here is a shot next to a large silo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 475
Reactions: pudvah and jvb
image.jpeg
Fantastic Autumn riding weather,great tree colors and lots of sand/ dirt roads I had not been on before. Also treated it to a fresh trany fluid change.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: RIDEON2or4
Not really a "show guy",but I went to a great vintage bike show. Lots of cool vintage bikes at Dan's Cycle in Hesston, Kansas.
Zach.jpg
My buddy Zach!
Blaster @ Dan's 2-14-2016.jpg
Blaster @ Dan's.jpg

Reactions: Awk08 and jus_me
I forgot all about this build !! Still love the looks of it. !! Practically looks factory. How's it do on the road. ? Gearing a little funky?

Just now thought of that YSR that was getting a Blaster engine.

At some point I may replace the 40 tooth rear sprocket with a 38 for better highway "happiness", but then again it works great for back roads which I enjoy more. I have been getting 44mpg, which I am happy with, especially considering a big carb and fairly radical porting. p.s., rear wheel/tire combo is 19" so that helps with overall gearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jus_me
40mpg. After a full tank of fuel my ass is pretty sore from the narrow mx style seat.