Jackson county/black river falls

espguitarist91

Jun 18, 2008
I was really surprised I didnt see anything about these trails. In the jackson county and black river falls area alone, there are about 100 miles of trails. And the trails extend into a couple other counties too. Theyre really nice. They have a mix of terrain, but for the most part theyre sandy with the occasion stretch of mud. Its about 4 hours from where I am (chicago). I'm heading up there next weekend for the 4th. Just thought if theres anyone close, definitely check it out.

I have to agree that the trails up there are very fun. My family goes up to Hatfield to stay for a week every 4th of July. The fishing has been getting better too!

i have not been there yet.. but plan to next spring/ summer... if your looking for another great place... dyracuse mounds in rome wi .. adams county.. i have athread about it on te trails section

We just got back from Hatfield for the first time this labor day weekend. The trails are great there. I even like them better the Florence county. They are alot wider then the trails in florence. My little stock blaster could lose just about anything on the trails. I had a pair of 400ex's trying to keep up with me. They would gain a little on the straights but due to the high number of corners I would lose them on every one. My buddy's Polaris 500 H.O. couldn't even come close to keeping up with me.
I'm 39 now and I could still ride like I was 15, but I don't feel like 15 after riding for 2 days straight. I'm still recovering.

IAdubber: Where do you go fishing? I tried off Arbutus lake damn just down the road from the mug. I seen one guy catch a bass and that was it. I tried looking for some lakes off the trails when we went to black river, they are all in the bog and would be hard to get to.