Is this able to be saved??

alex910

Oct 18, 2017
Hey all! Novice in the community, but wanting to rebuild this second motor that I have. Previous owner blew the top end. Upon further inspection it looks as though a piece of the skirt kicked around and cracked the case in a very small spot. I’m looking for advice on fixing it. So far I am wanting to just blend the spot a bit with the Drexel, and JB weld on the crack.
93F1DA0E-C702-49CA-86ED-4F684FEA71EE.jpeg
9BC92B06-DD04-489B-83BE-C75155622A48.jpeg

having the crack Tig welded is a better and safer option, but if you go for the "fix in a tube" method, Quicksteel epoxy putty is a much better product than JB Weld.

whichever method you chose, a leakdown test after asssembly, and maybe as routine mainainence would be advisable, to insure it's staying sealed

Thank you!!! I jumped the gun realizing just a few minutes ago that I have a second case that is trashed on the stator side. The other half is good. I will split that case and use the good half. This forum has been a blessing on this journey of working on my running blaster I have at the moment, as well as the one I am rebuilding from the frame up.