installin ret/rec with ho stator, 75w

Fleker

Jun 4, 2014
Sonora, Mexico
It is my diagram ok?
Wht/grn from stator is ground to frame? (-) from battery connect to frame to? Yel /red of control switch ?? To the battery(+)?? I have led on tail and head light

Attachments

• IMG_20140705_165319815.jpg
    IMG_20140705_165319815.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 343
yellow red is connected to the YR from CDI, what i need to know is:
the yel red from light switch goes to 12 v+??? and the wht green from stator goes to frame? is a 5 wire stator

Did that stator even start the bike? I bought one to see if it would get me by and didn't even give off a charge. Pickup coil passed resistance test but charge coil failed horribly

all the directions i've seen for adding a reg/rec call for no frame grounds,
attach the ground from the stator directly to the one side of the reg/rec, the other gets the positive(hot) lead, the 2 output leads of the reg/rec directly to the battery.
then all accessories get a dedicated ground connected straight to the negative of the battery also.
no frame grounds.

all the directions i've seen for adding a reg/rec call for no frame grounds,
attach the ground from the stator directly to the one side of the reg/rec, the other gets the positive(hot) lead, the 2 output leads of the reg/rec directly to the battery.
then all accessories get a dedicated ground connected straight to the negative of the battery also.
no frame grounds.

Ground from stator (blk wire)and yel/red goes to yellow wire to reg?, and all other ground arr the same? But i have a wirewht/ green, and i dont know where it go connected I have this stator

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121354972825?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of the yellow wires coming from the reg/rec are going to go to your lighting coil on you stator.

You have to float the ground wire on the lighting coil for the 2nd yellow wire to your reg/rec. Right now your lighting coil is grounded to the stator, and you have to disconnect that ground and run the 2nd yellow wire from the reg/rec to it.

1st yellow from reg/rec to Y/R on the lighting coil.
2nd yellow from reg/rec to the floated ground on the lighting coil.

The red wire on the reg/rec will go to the + on the battery.
The black wire on the reg/rec will go to the - on the battery.

Run a black wire from the - on the battery to the ground on all your lights.
Run a red wire from the + on you battery to the positive on all your lights.

You can put a switch on the red wire between the battery and the lights.

Ground from stator (blk wire)and yel/red goes to yellow wire to reg?, and all other ground arr the same? But i have a wirewht/ green, and i dont know where it go connected I have this stator

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121354972825?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

that stator will work for either the 4 or 5 wire harnesses
if you have a 88-02 4 wire harness, the extra green gets grounded to the frame.
on the 03+ models that green wire goes into the 5 wire harness and to the CDI,
it is for the ignition, and has nothing to do with the lighting coil.

thats what the loose green wire with the round eyelet on is for in the ebay ad you posted above, connect it to the extra green wire and put the eyelet under the bolt with the other ground at the coil

Last edited by a moderator:
that stator will work for either the 4 or 5 wire harnesses
if you have a 88-02 4 wire harness, the extra green gets grounded to the frame.
on the 03+ models that green wire goes into the 5 wire harness and to the CDI,
it is for the ignition, and has nothing to do with the lighting coil.

thats what the loose green wire with the round eyelet on is for in the ebay ad you posted above, connect it to the extra green wire and put the eyelet under the bolt with the other ground at the coil

check this

Attachments

• 10488851_10152598536570746_84862402_n.jpg
    10488851_10152598536570746_84862402_n.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 302
so i need to remove the screw in the lighting coil and add other wire??

Yes! :)

This is my stator, and in the pic you can see that the lighting coil ground is disconnect from the stator plate and ran under the coil. I also covered the wire with heat shrink.

The new yellow wire on the back.