inner case bearings how to remove?

Mborso1029

Oct 2, 2009
SouthEast MI
i am in the process of trying to powdercoat my cases, well i have removed crank bearings and output shaft bearing from the stator side case half....i have one bearing left to remove and i believe it is the one for the ilder shaft, there are 2 that cannot be pressed out from the other side because they dont go all the way through the case, well i got 1 of them out, with a 2 jaw puller and a slide hammer but its just not working for this other one...does anyone have any experience removing these?

nice little diagram for yall

ngem54.jpg

The slide hammer is the right tool. You might get a small chunk of dry ice and cool the bearing down. If that isn't enough, a small amount of heat (propane torch, gently) applied to the case around it at the same time should help.

i got it, i heated with oxygen accey, i didnt want to just because i didnt want to take a chance on making the cases brittle or warp, but came out pretty easy after that. so im all good for now, but im pretty sure i am going to need help putting the trans back together after i powder coat the cases.

if you don't own a clymers/haynes manual you need to get one. it will answer all those little questions on how to reassemble things

i have a shop press, to put them back in, i was seeing if anyone had a special tool, so i didnt have to take the chance on warping the cases.

i have a clymer manual, and in my opinion the transmission section is horrible on reassembly very general

Put the whole case in the oven at 350-400.
After about 10 minutes it will most likely just fall out.
You don't need it out to PC anyways just mask it with silicone tape or tin foil.