If you use vitos performance products please read! Important!

i just read this and i want to say. the OP is at fault. running a 38mm carb on this engine was a mistake. that carbis way to big so it isn't getting enough fuel for all the air that is going in there.

I agree. I run a Vito's +3 crank, Fat Bastard pipe, gaskets, degree key, oil block off, parking brake block off and intake boot kit and the Vito's jets. I haven't seen a single problem with ANY of the parts yet. I have seen many cases where a cast Vito's piston gets beat but you have to think, some people's wheelers aren't properly maintained, not broken in, not rode properly, and there are hundreds of other problems that can result in engine failure. That doesn't mean that they go and trash the company who made the parts. To me Vito's has had good service, helpful staff, and good items at a low price. You don't even know the cause of this problem yet. Don't be such a jerk about something that you aren't sure of. And remember that there are kids on here alot younger than you realize and I really don't appreciate the bad language. I mean alot of you guys are good about it but it's just not necessary. And by the way, have fun with Project Blaster. I hear more crap on them than anybody around. And "their" parts are just a up-priced part from someone else.

Last edited:
Ok, So I have just recently started posting and am moving away from vito's and probably having ken build my motor. Regardless I have been in direct contact with Vito's for over five years and there seems to be a sh*tload of speculation on here. I can guarentee that no engine builder/parts builder doesn't have atleast one customer who has there head up there ass. So let's get a few things straight directly from vito's. The following is a direct excerpt from a current email conversation from Vito's regarding forged pistons Vs. Cast pistons and whether they will be selling Wiseco made forged pistons or whether they have been axed... but moves on to explain more.

"We are not discontinuing forged pistons for BB. The economy is not to good in our industry and you need people buying more than they are currently. We hope to have more in stock in the next 30-60 days. Our current cast piston has been redesigned recently without the exhaust notch and the flat round the perimeter that was there to help people use them in the resleeved stock cylinders. It has flat rectangle rings instead of the tapered keystone rings as the old design had. This is new and we will help get any one of our products running. You will find posts (on blasterforum) about any piston from any manufacturer being the worst piston ever. We have been selling these 240 kits for over 10 years and we have never seen a failed piston that didn’t have another issue that started the problem in the first place. It is easier to blame someone or something for a problem that they want fixed for free without taking any responsibility themselves. Also contrary to our dealers we will now be selling directly in our Ebay store "Vitos Performance" BB kits will be there for $499.95 free shipping as well as forged pistons as soon as we get the number needed to have Wiseco make them."

This is not my first rodeo and although I personally am not running a vito's motor right now and I will admit their gaskets are sh*t, instead of speculating on their pistons etc. you might want to contact them directly. In five years of dealing with them I have never waited longer then 24hrs for them to respond and help with any problem or question. I feel this post is a case of the
"It is easier to blame someone or something for a problem that they want fixed for free without taking any responsibility themselves."

Everyone here has a boner for project blaster but I have found more threads on here with problems with their kits than Vito's and I can guarantee that the ratio of vito's to project blaster kits is huge making the fact that project blaster has more problems atleast by thread count proof that Vito's hold up better. They also aren't in the business of charging twice as much as their products are worth which seems to be the business model of project blaster.

Just my opinion but if you don't know what your doing ask an expert like Vito's themselves.

I too have had fine luck with the customer service line at Vito's. I contacted them about an older "sleeve'd" 240 cylinder which was originally on my quad when I bought it. They helped as much as they could without actually having the cylinder in hand or personally knowing the machine shop that installed it.

As to the matter of the cast pistons... I don't run cast pistons in my motor. If I were building a BBK, I wouldn't use the cast piston because they crumble when/if they come apart getting aluminum chunks in everything. It doesn't have anything to do with the brand name, simply the manufacturing style.

I've had good luck out of the few things I have run from vito's.

We have, however, had someone on this forum who has had poor luck out of a vito's BBK. Freek had a sleeve spin inside the casting. While that may be an isolated incident, limited to one particular batch of cylinders (or possibly even a single cylinder they produced/marketed) it does not bode well as the design and construction technique of the product. Most press fits still utilize a "key" to keep the parts from cold creeping, aid in initial alignment, and help fight shock loads which could jar them loose.

The origanal poster really impresses me :eek: . 2yrs auto mechanics, bla, bla, bla. And has to have a "professional" assemble an oversized weedwacker? Little wonder he has five posts and negative rep. Never did come back with jet specs :-/ Even with a 500 main it might have run lean with a 38 carb.
Lesson to be learned by ALL here is that if you get on the phone and act like a wacko you will get no where. You can catch more flies with honey than vinager. I:I
All mechanical devices are prone to failure. Two space shuttles come to mind first, and they cost how much?
As far as Vito's products, they have been in business for a long time for a reason. Has anyone ever considered what an engine goes through? Even at 6,000 rpm (easy math) the reed valves open/close 100 times per second :eek:, the piston starts/stops 200 times per second (top, bottom) :eek::eek::eek:

Agree 100%. No problems with Vito's. They actually helped me prove a point yesterday. A kid at school who thinks he whos everything (lies out his ***) called me an idiot for telling him that Banshees were 350's and Blasters were 200's. He said his Banshee is a 450 with 121lbs of boost and his Blaster is a 300. I called Vito's and told the kid to describe the wheelers to him. Hahaha we all got a laugh out of it and the guy at Vito's thought it was pretty funny too. He hasn't called me dumb lately. lol

I hope you guys realize that you cant go out hauling ass imediatly after you put a new motor mod in you have to do the break in process with everything. Cranks bore kits piston kits new carbs and so on. Cause most mechanics don't except me, I don't trust some one else to do it for me why should I so why should you? That means letting it Idle for 30 min and let it cool down for 30min. Then run it about half throttle for 20 min let it cool down for 20. and run it hard for 10 min then let it cool down for 15 min. And repeat the process while riding then your good to go for a quite a while.