Idle opening pleease

BanzaiBlaster

Jun 4, 2017
Flushing Mi
Can someone check the amount the slide is open on reed side of carburetor at idle... trying to get mine fired up and having some issues..need to be sure slide is set in ballpark.
Thanks

Mine started with the slide bottomed out. I did have to screw in my idle screw to get it to idle. I know you have removed TORS and have aftermarket cap and throttle cable. I can see you throttle cable is different then mine. did you buy that on its own or did it come with the carb cap?

Did you put a cap on the hose barb on the carb where the oil injector hose went to?
Have you got good spark?
Have you got good fuel flow?
Have you done leak test?
Have you done compression test?
jet sizes and needle position?

Let us know and it will make it easier to work out the problem.

Last edited:
Throttle cable was part of moose kit, all of that is spot on, no leaks. I'm pretty sure it's ignition based. I triple checked float height. Dropped my main from a 320 to a 310. Plug is firing, mix is burning but not at right time. Smoke out of exhaust and black /wet plug. I swapped all stator parts over to vitos adjustable plate during build. I already pulled the flywheel and checked and reset timing to 0... reminds me of issues I had with yz125 back in the day and that was a bad pick-up coil... I'm going to check all that stuff later today and possibly put parts back on stock stator plate.... or buy a $40 replacement stator for time being.... I messes with it for 4 hours yesterday before my legs gave out...lol.. it should be a 1-2 kick start... so something definitely wrong