I have snapped the left side caseing wear it seals on to gear shaft is it just a easy change

ross

May 21, 2014
Is it just a case of swopping the bit ie no engine parts will fall out wen I take the case of any advice appreciated can email picture if your not sure what case

Is it just a case of unbolting and swopping or is loads of the engine bits going to fall out lol

My chain has come off and cracked the side caseing I have ordered a new case is it just a easy change

You alright buddy
Eyup mate yeh good thanks just after a bit off help my chain has come off and snapped the aluminium caseing wear the gear shaft goes In I have ordered a new case is it a easy swop or are all the engine parts going to fall out first time doing anything with a blaster

Multi thread on the same thing and now this one with just the letter h as a title ? Your making yourself look like a TROLL.

Look at download manual or get a Clymers Manual, You tube the jobe vids, lincs on here and decide if you are capable of the job. Not that hard to do.

Although the manual says that you need this and that and special tools, heat/cold and a soft faced hammer will get the job done.

Watch a few vids on the matter KOR has an excellent one, just search YouTube.

If you get bamboozled we are here to assist.

Reactions: ross
Although the manual says that you need this and that and special tools, heat/cold and a soft faced hammer will get the job done.

Watch a few vids on the matter KOR has an excellent one, just search YouTube.

If you get bamboozled we are here to assist.
Iam not a troll lol iam new to the site and getting to grips with it thanks for the reply blaaster and am I right in thinking its just a case of swopping the cases and no engine bits should fall out ie gears cogs anything like that

Thanks awk08 think I will have to senf it to shop I got told that if you just lay it on its side the case would just pull off not havi g to undo all cogs and stuff dont want to make my problem any worse

The case will not just "pop" off. You'll need a puller as the end of the crank is a press fit into the bearing. I guess anything is possible and you may be able to remove the left case without disturbing any of the internals. The hard part is going to be putting it back together. If you have to go into it that far, go all the way and do it right. Change seals, gaskets, clean and inspect everything, and have no worries. I see it every day. People try to save a couple of bucks and end up spending twice as much as they would have if they would have just done it right the first time. Perfect example:
Customer: Can you fix my cylinder?

Me: Sure.

Customer: How much?

Me: $230 to re-plate it.
You should do the bottom end while it's down.

Customer: how much is that?

Me: $500 - $800

Customer: No thanks. It "looks" fine.

Me: The cylinder is done.

Customer: I just installed the cylinder. The bike ran great for 2 minutes and then the engine just stopped. I pulled the cylinder off and the head is all pitted up and my new cylinder is ruined. The connecting rod is broken and I have a huge hole in the bottom of my case. How much is this going to cost this time.

Me: The same thing I told you it would cost the last time but add another $800 for cases and a new crankshaft.

People get lucky at times. I don't see this as being one of those times.

The case will not just "pop" off. You'll need a puller as the end of the crank is a press fit into the bearing. I guess anything is possible and you may be able to remove the left case without disturbing any of the internals. The hard part is going to be putting it back together. If you have to go into it that far, go all the way and do it right. Change seals, gaskets, clean and inspect everything, and have no worries. I see it every day. People try to save a couple of bucks and end up spending twice as much as they would have if they would have just done it right the first time. Perfect example:
Customer: Can you fix my cylinder?

Me: Sure.

Customer: How much?

Me: $230 to re-plate it.
You should do the bottom end while it's down.

Customer: how much is that?

Me: $500 - $800

Customer: No thanks. It "looks" fine.

Me: The cylinder is done.

Customer: I just installed the cylinder. The bike ran great for 2 minutes and then the engine just stopped. I pulled the cylinder off and the head is all pitted up and my new cylinder is ruined. The connecting rod is broken and I have a huge hole in the bottom of my case. How much is this going to cost this time.

Me: The same thing I told you it would cost the last time but add another $800 for cases and a new crankshaft.

People get lucky at times. I don't see this as being one of those times.
Its not even my quad I just had ago on it chain come off and snapped the caseing im just fixing what I broke not doing him a full engine rebuild I have gt new bearings and seals with the case and gasket thanks for your reply so It is just a case of swopping it no engine components should drop out thanks for your reply

Iam not a troll lol iam new to the site and getting to grips with it thanks for the reply blaaster and am I right in thinking its just a case of swopping the cases and no engine bits should fall out ie gears cogs anything like that

If your not here to troll then WELCOME to the forum.

If you just took it for 1 ride and the chain came off, I would tell the owner to fix it himself. It's not YOUR fault the chain came off. If he was riding it, the same thing would have happened. Now, if you had it for a month, rode it every day and never inspected the chain, then yeah, you need to cover the repair.

If you just took it for 1 ride and the chain came off, I would tell the owner to fix it himself. It's not YOUR fault the chain came off. If he was riding it, the same thing would have happened. Now, if you had it for a month, rode it every day and never inspected the chain, then yeah, you need to cover the repair.
Were going halfs on the part but I was hopeung I could do the work myself mate

Is it just a case of unbolting and swopping or is loads of the engine bits going to fall out lol
In your case, it is not for the faint hearted.

If the case is broken, it will have to be replaced, and I feel sure that the job may be beyond your capabilities.

Take Kens advice and have it done professionally.

You may be able to save money if you do not replace the internals.

Have a chat to the owner, tell him what happened, offer to pay for the case replacement and labour. Give him the option of paying for replacement internals.

In your case, it is not for the faint hearted.

If the case is broken, it will have to be replaced, and I feel sure that the job may be beyond your capabilities.

Take Kens advice and have it done professionally.

You may be able to save money if you do not replace the internals.

Have a chat to the owner, tell him what happened, offer to pay for the case replacement and labour. Give him the option of paying for replacement internals.
I have ordered the case second hand for £70.00 and can have the case changed for 60.00 bye a mechanic I have done pistons and rings before but never anything further down iam capable with cars engines ie doing engine swops clutches and things like that so was just thinking of doing itmyself to have it done the same day instead of waiting a week or 2 for the mechanic thanks for your reply