hydrolic brake conversion

Nov 7, 2008
so, im looking at geting an 03+ blaster frame to replace my 2000 frame, and was hopeing to get some idea of what all i need to make the hydrolic set work.

will the 2000 axle, and swingarm work with the rear hydrolic setup?

can the stock foot brake work with the rear hydrolic brake?

does anyone make an aftermarked brake kit that woudl be better than just finding 03+ oem brake kits?

again to make sure everyone is clear on what im doing, im swaping to a newer frame, and my understanding is that when i do this i will have to swap to hydrolic brakes, however i may be wrong about this. IF i am someone let me know becuase i woudl much rather get my extended a arms than swaping to hydrolic brakes.

amstarracingllc@aol.comHi There! We just did a conversion on an in house Blaster build. We used Raptor 350 Spindles, Calipers and Master Cylinder up front and bought an 05 Blaster Rear Master and hub. We can send you pics of the setup on the bike if you like. Front and rear cost less than 250.00 thanks to eBay! And of course we used American Star A-Arms, Swing-arm and Brakelines.

amstarracingllc@aol.comHi There! We just did a conversion on an in house Blaster build. We used Raptor 350 Spindles, Calipers and Master Cylinder up front and bought an 05 Blaster Rear Master and hub. We can send you pics of the setup on the bike if you like. Front and rear cost less than 250.00 thanks to eBay! And of course we used American Star A-Arms, Swing-arm and Brakelines.

whats the point of that? someone trying to sell something ? I don't get it .

Nope! We already sell plenty. Just trying to give a rider some good advice on what they can do to put Hydraulics on their Blaster. We do not sell brake parts. Have a nice evening!

I got a beef with a star I bought a arms and yeah they are great but I ordered black and I got black arms but charcoal hammertone tie rods never called about it and I should have . So technically I'm bitching about it but it's my fault I never contacted you guys back

Looks like you are using the stock GSXR lines? So I would need the caliper, lines, master cylinder, and resevoir? Reuse the stock Blaster rotor? Would you sell just the brackets and modified pedal? I would really like to run this setup on my project.

Awk's brake setup is your best and cheapest bet.He makes some very nice brackets and they look sweet,nevermind the dual piston caliper!! Otherwise you will need a 03-06 carrier,03-06 axle and brake hub(or banshee axle and brake hub almost 4 inches wider and a direct swap)either 03-06 blaster,banshee,warrior master cylinder,caliper,line,resorvoir,and that will be all bolt on.You will also need to extend your brake pedal or get a set of 03-06 foor pegs and 03-06 brake pedal. Now you can see awk's are alot cheaper price wise than buying all parts above.You will be very happy with his gsxr setup.

pm answered jcarr

and moto - - Hydraulic........ ???????

Hey i tried inboxing you about this but can't seem to find the send message to you or anybody. I'm new to this.

Last edited by a moderator: