Howdy from Texas

Ranger

Feb 18, 2017
I just picked up a 2000 (or so I'm told) Yamaha blaster rolling chassis, for the sole purpose of using the rearend on a crazy chopper trike I'm building. I've been building/wrenching/chopping on various makes of motorcycles for a while now and I plan to narrow this rearend to build the skinniest, longest trike ever. (Gotta be skinny and long since there's no rear differential and I want to be able to turn.) I'll also be having some new hubs machined for a more common 5 on 4.5 automotive bolt pattern. I doubt any of that is useful for anybody here... but I'll document it just in case. I know everybody usually wants to go wider on these quads.

I've also had the idea in the back of my head for a while now to take a 2-stroke quad motor... something air-cooled and chain drive (so a Blaster or Banshee would fit the bill) and build a lightweight, 2-stroke chopper, just for the fun of it. So I might be looking for one of those in the future, and using the forum as a resource for the motor upgrades.

I'll be selling everything I don't need on the rolling chassis, so look for a classified ad soon. Not trying to make a ton, just trying to recoup some of what I spent, so I'll probably just leave everything "Make Offer" and accept anything that's reasonable. I've started putting parts pics in an album, but have been having a little trouble with uploads (Probably my slow Satellite internet). So if you need any stock parts, shoot me a message, or keep an eye on the album.